Friday, April 12, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #102: A Doll of My Own Making: Little Girl in Pink

  I'm still feeling the effects of whatever this is that I have. I am still doing the constant nose blowing and coughing. Still doing a lot of sleeping too,when I'm not coughing! Things are improving little by little. I ate more yesterday than I have for ages,but today I didn't have much. I am keeping up with my liquids though, so that's something.
  Today's doll is one of my favourites of the dolls I made myself. She's this little girl.


She measures just under 2 inches tall.
 

 Like all of the dolls I made in this style,she has a wooden head,which doesn't turn...




...and a felt covered wire armature, so she can sit, stand,and bend her arms and legs.


 


The original idea when I started making these dolls was that they had faces like old fashioned china dolls,thus the pink spot cheeks.
 

She has a lace collar and lace trim on her sleeves.



Her sash does tie in the back.
 

Her clothes aren't removable. She's way too small, and I don't have the talent for that!


Her shoes and socks are painted on.

 

Her hair is tied with ribbon.
 
She needs some hair spray!
As you can sort of tell from the pictures, she has little thumbs.


I've always imagined making her brother,a little red haired boy wearing an sailor suit.


    That's it for today. See you again tomorrow for another doll.

7 comments:

  1. Oooo, I like her! I love those little thumbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I still have some of these type dolls I made to sell,although not this girl. I did posts on the red ballerina,the fairy,the pink princess. The fairy has fingers and toes too!

      Delete
  2. She is adorable! She reminds me of an Ethel Hicks doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie little doll. You are so talented.
    Does she have a name? She looks like a Myra.
    Yes, drink tons of liquids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is very cute and well made by the looks of things. I like her a lot and think you did a great job making her.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when you show the dolls you made. Btw, I like most dolls you show but due to backlog and me being tired of proving I am not a robot, I am trying to reply less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think the dolls I make get the fewest views of anything I post!
      Thanks for your comments. Maybe when you get caught up you can reply often.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.