Sunday, April 28, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #118: Mr. Bean

  Today's doll is one I never got around to talking about when I posted about our trip to England in 2015. He's Mr. Bean.


I bought this Mr. Bean in Whitby,England,but Emma got one by mail from here. He's made by NJCroce,which, ironically,is based in La Verne, California. Mr. Bean started out in American, traveled home to England so that I could buy him and bring him to Ohio!


He's described as 'bendable poseable',and stands about 5 and a half inches tall.

He even has the mole!
He is made in the likeness of the Mr. Bean from the animated series,(which,in turn, is based on Rowan Atkinson.).
 

He even has Bean's famous teddy bear in his pocket.


Mr. Bean is the creation of Rowan Atkinson. He started as a character in Atkinson's live shows,and got his own TV series in 1990.

That flash glare is in an unfortunate spot!


I was surprised to read that there were only 14 episodes of the live action Mr. Bean TV series. It always seemed like more than that. There have also been two live action Mr. Bean movies. I prefer the second one. It's more pure 'Mr. Bean'. The first movie makes him pathetic,and while you might have felt sorry for him occasionally,he was never really pathetic.


  We'll see another doll tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Adoro esse personagem!
    O boneco é perfeito.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ele e'. La' e' uma Quente Brinquedos Sr. Feijao naquela e' realmente supreendente!

      Delete
  2. I don't know about this doll or this series. Why does he have a teddy bear in his pocket?
    He has been around the world. Does he have a passport (laugh)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Bean has a teddy bear that is usually around. There has even been a toy made of the teddy.

      Delete
  3. I have to admit that, although I like Rowan Atkinson, I cannot stand the Mr Bean character, I've never been able to take to him, but he's very popular here in Spain allegedly!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I know mime annoys a loot of people. When I was a kid I always hated the 'Silent Spot' portion of Red Skelton's show,which was a mime bit.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.