Saturday, April 27, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #116: Glady Family Lea

 
Today's doll is this little girl.


Her name is Lea. She's a Delavennat doll,made in 1987.


Delavannet dolls are made in France.
 

She's about 5 inches tall.


She was part of a school set that included five dolls of various sizes, all wearing coordinating outfits.
 


Her dress is corduroy,with cotton sleeves. Her dress closes in the back with Velcro.She also has white undies.
 

The series of dolls she was a part of  were called The Glady family.


The Glady Family was a group of four or five kids. It seems some sets had four, and some sets had five. They also changed their hair colour occasionally. There are sets with mixed hair colours, all brunette,all blonde,and all pink,blue, or green!
 
She has the standard articulation of neck, shoulders, and hips.
You  can see some commercials for La Famille Glady HERE.


Now that I am looking at her, and the other Glady Family members,I'm wondering if this little guy I posted about way back in 2014 might be her baby brother.

You can see his 'Day' and his other photos HERE.
  That's all for today. See you again tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. The baby in the commercial looks like a cross between "Baby Pee Wee," "Baby Matilda," the smaller kids of "Steffi Love" and the kids of "Susy."

    How big is your little guy? I got two dolls similar to him recently. But they are pretty small (almost the size of "Baby Sweets"). Mine are dressed in blue and yellow (which is funny, because my "Baby Matilda" dolls from my childhood originally came with dresses in those exact colours, and the babies look like younger siblings of those girls).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little guy is a little over 2 inches tall. He's marked Made in Hong Kong. What does that tell us?

      Delete
    2. Now I stumbled into this post again. I was Googling Baby Matilda dolls because I bought one on Ebay with bad hair. It was blonde and blue-eyed. And I realized that all Baby Matilda dolls were brunettes with black eyes. And when Pedigree made a baby that Sindy could keep in a stroller, that baby also had just black eyes.
      Delavannet must have bought the mould from Pedigree (or just copied them), because little Eva, the baby sister of the family (I got the idea from my Googling and looking at Famille Glady dolls that the big dolls (similar to regular Matilda) were parents?) is an exact copy of Baby Matilda, other than that they have colours in their eyes and can have other hair colours (and possibly have lower quality hair as my Baby Matilda dolls will not lose the hair that I did not cut away as a little child, while the hair on my new blonde doll seems to be turning powdery).

      I have not seen any Glady family dolls that are smaller than Eva. So your little Hong Kong baby can not have been from that family. But it is funny that (s)he made you think of Eva from Glady family while the two that I have made me think of Baby Matilda (who looks exactly like Eva).

      Delete
    3. *Delavennat it says on the doll. I wrote that, but changed it since you wrote "Delavannet." Hah! Unknown brands are hard. I thought that I had just misunderstood the spelling.

      Delete
  2. What a cutie doll. I love the school room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look like cute dolls. They remind me a little bit of a family that is available here in Spain, I cannot remember the name now but it begins with a B, I think!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the ones you're talking about are Spain's version.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.