Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #106: John 'Happiness'

  I continue to feel a bit better every day. My coughing was almost nonexistent today, but my head is splitting. One thing I have noticed though,my shoulders haven't felt this good in ages! No pain! That's good,because I saw today that a lot of things need to be done outside. I hadn't been out in my side yard for a while,so I see that the grass needs cut,sticks need picked up, and trash needs cleared. I picked some sticks and trash up today,but there's more. We live on a corner, so the whole neighbourhood's trash blows into our yard. We had some really strong winds this weekend,so we had some branches down too. I'm not mowing the yard with a splitting, blinding headache though,so that will have to wait for another day!
 Today's doll is this little guy.



He's John 'Happiness'.


Or is he just 'John'? I've seen him called John Happiness, but who knows.?
He's a Robin Woods doll. 


 

Although there are a million dates on that tag,he's apparently from 1990.


He stands about 8 inches tall.

 

It was  preparing to rain when I took these pictures.


Under his rain coat he's wearing short pants with sort of a lederhosen look, and a light blue shirt.

With a matching bowtie too.
For some reason, instead of socks, under his pants he's wearing shiny black tights.
His high top boots have snaps up the backs.


He has the standard articulation: neck,shoulders, and hips. His head can tilt a little though.


I like his cute freckles.


And of course,I love dolls in coats.


 His raincoat and hat are nylon.
 
 

Tomorrow we'll look at another doll. See you then.

3 comments:

  1. A handsome little guy. I love the yellow raincoat.

    John Happiness. How sweet.

    Do you know that there is a scholarly publication called The Journal of Happiness Studies? It examines how people create and perceive their well-being. I think folks would say that this little cutie is aptly named.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like his little face, he's super cute and so is his outfit with the full raincoat and souwester too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.