Monday, April 15, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #105: Red Fraggle

  Today I,like a lot of you, I'm sure, spent  part of the day watching Notre Dame burn. Apart from it's religious significance,it is a piece of historical architecture and a work of art, with many other works of art within. I think what happened today is a tragedy. It brought me to tears, and I've never even been there.
   Returning to my happy place,we're moving on to today's doll. Today we're looking at Red.

 
Red is a Fraggle,as in "Fraggle Rock",the TV series by Jim Henson,creator of The Muppets. 

 
"Fraggle Rock"  originally aired between 1983 and 1987. As you may know from reading the blog, I have loved the Muppets since I was a kid, in the 60's. Fraggle Rock came a little late for me. Since it was a kid's show,and I was grown by then, I never got that into it. But when my kids came along, they watched it and enjoyed it.(And I got to watch it with them.)
 

There were original era Fraggle dolls made by Tomy, and later, Hasbro. This doll was made by Manhattan Toy in 2009. I have a couple of the original Fraggles too,but Red is my only newer one.



She's about 18 inches tall.


She's a pretty good likeness of the TV character. For those of you who think it's not that hard to make a doll who looks like a puppet character,it's harder than you think.


  Tomorrow we'll look at another doll.

6 comments:

  1. This doll is new to me. I know the Muppets but they are after my time. Howdy Doody, that's my era (wait did I say that publicly?) I meant that's my SISTER'S era (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice to have an older sister. There's always someone OLDER than you! I appreciate that in my sister!

      Delete
  2. I remember Fraggle Rock but I don't recall ever watching it, even though my son was born in December 1986, I think he came just a bit too late for it, although he did watch Sesame Street.
    This is a cute doll xx
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I meant to say that yes, very tragic about the Notre Dame cathedral....although maybe I am the only person who never saw any live news footage of the poor place burning, I read about it on the BBC news website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Fraggle rock and now have THAT song stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.