Thursday, April 18, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #108: The Bearyweathers

  Today's doll is a family. It's this bear family.


These cute little bears are called the Bearyweathers,and they are from a line called Furryville.

They are marked FV, with a heart shape, on one foot. They are also all numbered.
Wikipedia describes Furryvill as 'a German line of Mattel toys'/ I'm assuming this means the line originated in Germany and was licensed by Mattel. 
  Furryville animals are often sold in family sets. I'm assuming this 3 inch tall guy is Dad.


This little 2 inch girl must be the little sister.


This little guy is an inch and a half. I'm assuming he's baby bear.


He even has his baby bottle.


Which leaves this naked lady to be Mom. She came wearing a coat with a big white fur collar, and a pink sleep mask. Pretty strange sleeping attire.

As you can see, Mom is number 30.
    The family also came with pillows,and beds.

They each had a pillow,but I only have one.

The animals in the Furryville line have jointed necks,hips,and shoulders. You can watch a commercial for this very bear family,and other sets in the 2005 Furryville line HERE.


  Tomorrow we'll look at some more dolls. See you then.

8 comments:

  1. What a cute little family. I hope there is no home invasion by Goldilocks for them (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she's the one who stole Mom's coat!

      Delete
  2. I had never heard of these but they are cute so I looked them up on the Mattel website. (They have info on toys going back years in their customer service section).
    This part of the description is intriguing "Every member of the family has their own bed and during the day the beds are stacked one on top of another, at nighttime each bed swings open so there is plenty of room for cuddling or pillow fights." How on earth do beds swing open?! It would probably make sense if I'd seen them, but right now, it's just baffling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Ok. That explains the TV commercial. If you watch the commercial I included a link to, you'll see the beds.I guess they're all connected and can be 'swung open', or swung out from each other. It will make sense if you watch the commercial. I didn't see that they moved when I watched it, but now you've said that i see what was going on.

      Delete
    2. Ah! That makes sense!
      I never watch videos, because the noise attracts children that steal my phone. Should have in this case

      Delete
  3. I had not heard about these guys before. But it looks like I have one of their neighbouring familie. I got the pig family with most of their stuff last summer at Fretex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one or two of the pig family too. I love them.

      Delete
  4. Awww what tiny little bears these are, and cute as buttons.
    I'm off to look at their advert now :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.