Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #93: Country Folk Doll and Some Big Doll Show News!

  Yay! I managed to have minimal hip and leg pain last night! I also got rid of my shoulder problem today. I popped it back in place. The problem was that it was out of joint. I'm on a roll. I also think I figured out why Jimmy has had a litter box dilemma. The whole thing started when Ken brought the new bag of cat food in. Somebody else has been throwing up every day. I told Ken to stop changing their food every time something else is on sale! So he's supposed to be buying the old kind,and we'll give it a day or two and see if Jimmy's problem,(And mine, because I have to clean it up when he overshoots the litter box!),gets better. If not, he's off to the vet.
 Today's doll is this tiny girl.


She's a Country Folk doll.


She was made by Sylvestri.



Or at least sold by Silvestri: "This charming Country Folk doll has been handcrafted...in authentic Americana costume...in the Philippines". typical.
She came in her little wooden coffin,,,uh,I mean box.


She measures 4 1/2 inches tall.


She's made of wood,and has nice detailed clothing that is not removable.


Except maybe that bonnet.
She has jointed limbs and is strung with elastic.


She has these strange lobster claws.
She has knee joints, but can't actually keep her knees bent very well.




She definitely can't maintain a sitting position either. 


Her little wooden feet can turn at the ankle.


I'm not sure what her hair is made out of, but I'm pretty sure it's synthetic.


  I spotted her at a doll show and I really liked her. Ah doll shows! Remember them? I haven't been to a doll show in ages. Our huge doll show in Columbus lost it's venue and there has been only one tiny show since.That was years ago, remember Barb? That was the last time there was a show. I really miss it.That show was so big. Any other show pales in comparison. Not that I have been to any other. They're all too far away. Well guess what! I got tired of checking to see if they had found another venue and scheduled a show. But I just checked again,and THE SHOW IS BACK, BABY! Whoo hoo! It's now called The Ohio National Doll Show. The show looks to be as huge as ever! The salesroom is 24,000 square feet and the list of dealers goes on forever! It's in Wilmington,Ohio now,which is almost two hours away from me, instead of the one hour Columbus is. Still. I want to try to go. For anybody who is interested,here is the page with all the information:The Ohio National Doll Show. I can hardly wait!
  That's it for today. Come back tomorrow to see what doll we'll have.

12 comments:

  1. You poor thing. Is there anything you can take to make it hurt less? Advil or Voltaren? Or if they don't exist in America, whatever the American equivalent is? Or heat packs?
    And you're right about the cat. A lot of cats get unhappy tummies if you change their brand of food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doctor used to give me pain pills, which never really helped. Heat helps my shoulder sometimes. Now when my back goes out so badly that I can't move I do get prescription pain pills and muscle relaxants to help get rid of it so i can function.It still takes a week or so of bed rest too. Normally i don't take anything because I hate the idea of relying on pills. If I took a pill every time something gave me problems that's all I'd ever do. I can usually just deal with it. The really bad stuff doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you're at least doing better. There's definitely a balance between being able to function, and managing pain. Mr. BTEG is pretty much in pain all the time, but he's also taking stuff so he can keep working.

    I'm also excited about the doll show! Being in October means I can save up enough for picking some stuff up at the show, and also possibly getting a hotel room there. The doll show will be three hours from me!

    I do remember the show that we went to in Columbus. I need to go check the list of dealers for the upcoming show to see if there is anyone that I recognize.

    I agree with Rachael about changing kitty diets. We've dealt with cats with upset tummies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will see you there. With our car, I'm not sure I'll be able to go.

      Delete
  4. Interesting tiny doll. To whom would she have been marketed? She seems too small to give to a child.
    I am happy that your doll show has returned. We go to one in Lancaster twice a year. And my UFDC doll club sponsors a show each year in October. Doll shows are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Adults,I'm thinking,as a novelty. Wow! So many doll shows! We have some in other parts of the state,but they're so far away. We used to have 2 a year in Columbus, which is only an hour. Those were the days!

      Delete
  5. Oh how fantastic! I'd love to go to a doll show like that, but there are no doll shows held in Poland, none that I've heard of anyway. And doll collecting isn't qute as popular in my country either. I'm sure the doll show will be great, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope I get to go. It's 2 hours away, and at the moment I wouldn't trust our car to make it.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to hear that your pain has at least lessened, I hope that continues. I find a heat pad works really well for me but appreciate it won't work for everyone.
    Well, that is great news, a BIG doll show coming back to you, lucky thing! I would love to go to another doll show. I was hoping to go back to Barcelona again in June to the BJD show there but unfortunately I'm unable to go this time. Maybe in 2020 I will be able to go to the big BJD show in Lyon, France, it's supposed to be enormous with loads of vendors! Here's hoping!
    And what a tiny little doll! Her outfit does look well made, I have a small wooden cat with those same strange hands ... if I remember rightly. I will have to go and have a look to see if I'm right!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I use a heating pad sometimes,specially with my bad shoulds. It does help them sometimes. I find that with my shoulders they get all tensed up,and the secret is to get them relaxed enough. When my right shoulder was really bad I went to physical therapy. The therapists told me that when I came in my shoulder was way up under my ear! I was like Quasimodo! I didn't even notice it. It hurt so bad when they touched my shoulder that I could barely stand it,even though they said they were hardly using any pressure at all. One of them showed me on my forearm how hard he was pressing on my shoulder, and it was nothing. They taught me to stretch my shoulder and neck muscles out regularly,and to be conscious of hunching my shoulders, which I tend to do when I'm cold or in pain. It's been much better since, although I still have problems. It's part of getting old I guess. At least now I AM old. All this started when I was in my early 20's!

      Delete
  7. Oh geez, you can't change foods for ANY pet like that! Dogs, cats, rabbits, it messed with them. Here's hoping kitty was better after his old food came back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken keeps to one food now, although we went back to a cheaper regular food when Ivy took Mow to college, because his urinary tract food was quite expensive. Jimmy handled the change well. We even had to switch back temporarily when Ivy and Mow were home for Christmas vacation recently, and then back again when they left. Jimmy was ok with it.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.