Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #107: Lady Lovely Locks

  I'm hoping to get this published while we actually have internet. It's been flashing on and off ever since yesterday. It's a real pain. I have to keep signing back on,and nothing loads. It's driving me crazy.
  As for the cold/flu,I have another crushing headache and lots of chest congestion. So, better, but still a work in progress.
  Today's doll is this colourful lady.


She's Lady Lovely Locks.



You may have seen my previous posts on other dolls in the Lady Lovely Locks line. If not, you can see Maiden Fairhair HERE, and Prince Strongheart HERE,and Maiden Golden Wave HERE.


 I don't even collect these dolls, but they just keep turning up in my stuff.

 

Lady Lovely Locks and friends were produced from 1987 to 1989.


Lady Lovely Locks was created by American Greetings,and later licensed to Mattel. 


The body is copyright 'Those Characters from Cleveland',which is the toy design and licensing division of American Greetings, based in Cleveland,Ohio. Besides Lady Lovely Locks, American Greeting was responsible for some of the most popular toys of the 80's, including Strawberry Shortcake, Holly Hobbie,Peppermint Rose, The Get Along Gang,Popples, Care Bears,and Madballs.(How did Madballs get in there with all those other lovable, cute characters?)


The body was later reused by Mattel for their doll Stacie,sister of Barbie.



There was also an animated Lady Lovely Locks series made in 1987. There are twenty episodes,and you can watch the series HERE.



You can watch a commercial for the dolls HERE.


This is Lady Lovely Locks' original dress.



She has pink shoes.


The little guy in her hair is supposedly a 'pixie tail'. The only thing is, the only pixie tails I've ever seen were clips,not combs. And the bodies are chunky,not flat like this bird. Birds were the pixie tails of another character in the Lady Lovely Locks universe, Maiden Curly Crown. But did she have one like this?



The pixie tails were to hold back all that brightly coloured hair.

 

 



The things with the holes at her waist provide a place to store her Pixietails when they aren't in her hair.
 

 There were lots of outfits and other sets made to go with the dolls.

That's the doll for today. See you back here tomorrow for another one...if my internet holds out.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, I love Lady Lovelylocks! Never had one as a kid, but I love her little face. You wouldn't have NewWave by any chance, would you? Because if you do that may explain why your internet gave you such attitude. They had a big outage yesterday and I had a lot of trouble with my internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie pie doll. She looks like she could be on the top of a birthday cake.
    I hope you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! How cute these dolls are! I have a dress that belongs ot one of them and I wondered what's with that glittery flower with a hole. Now I know. I think they're just so sweet, even the Duchess Ravenwaves who is the antagonist after all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and colourful, I like this one too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure the hair comb actually came from the My Little Pony line. Sorry I can't give you more to go on than that.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're right! I found it online. Thanks very much!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.