Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #113: Equestrian Lady

  I did pretty good today. I still feel a bit of congestion in my chest, but I coughed very little and didn't have a headache most of the day. I definitely cricked my neck during that cold. I know that's where the headaches are coming from.
  I hung the laundry outside today, It's the first full load I've hung out this year. Spring is here!
  Today's doll is this little lady.


She is a 'little lady'. She's only 5 inches tall.




I don't know anything about her. I got her in an auction lot. All I know is what I see.
 

She seems to be handmade.



Her clothes are felt.


She has a hair net on under her riding helmet.
 


I'm not sure what she's made out of. Her head,hands and boots look like they might be made of clay.






She has some wires sticking out around her elbows. I thought at first they had worked their way out of her arms.


Looking at them again I'm wondering if she hooked to something,like her horse maybe?
  See you again tomorrow for another doll.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting doll. I am wondering if she was a circus performer. I don't know why I think that. I wonder why she has a hair net under her hat.
    She could have been part of one of the old mechanical piggy banks. I probably watch too much of Antiques Roadshow (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the hair net, or at least a snood was pretty commonly worn with those riding hats. Probably still is.
      Now really. Can you ever watch too much Antiques Roadshow?

      Delete
  2. Interesting little doll, and her outfit is very detailed for someone so small.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.