Saturday, April 6, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #96: Kathleen

    Well,if it's not one thing it's another. The back is better, the hip is much better although still giving me trouble,but now I have the flu! I think I caught it from Emma. When we took Ivy back to college Emma had what she thought was a sinus infection. I think it must have been the flu. She was pretty sick the other day. I got pretty sick last night and had a horrible chill. Today I feel awful. Luckily I photographed today's girl yesterday!
  Today's doll is one you're probably either going to love or hate. She's this girl.


As for me,I love her.


I know she's a little unusual,but that's her appeal for me.


She's marked Pedigree,Made in England.



I researched and found out that she's from a series of Pedigree dolls called Delite dolls,and that she appears in the 1953 Pedigree catalog.


There was more than one type of Delite doll. The series of Delite dolls this girl comes from were made to resemble Storybook or Fairytale characters, or dolls from different countries. This girl is named Kathleen,and presumably represents Ireland. She's about 7 1/2 inches tall.




She has what are called the 'starfish hands'.



Her eyes are what will probably put some people off.


They're sleep eyes,and are somewhat googly.



    That's it for today. See you again tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you caught the flu. I hope you are feeling a little better.
    I think I am in the middle. I don't hate this doll but I don't love her either. Her eyes are a bit different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a bit better, but still lousy.
      There you go Dorothy,shooting down my theory! :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry, Teach (laugh).

    She has an "interesting face." Her eyes are kind of creepy when they are closed. When they are open, they are not too bad.

    I can "get along" with most dolls but dolls like Chucky, uh, no. I definitely don't do scary dolls.

    I like sweetie pie dolls. Right now I am in to the Gotz Happy Kidz dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? I would think the open eyes were more 'frightening'! She kind of reminds me of a Kewpie doll.
    Ok,if you don't like Chucky types (Me either!),what do you think of my That Kid?Does he creep you out,or can you see his cuteness?
    Well thanks alot again Dorothy! Now I want a Gotz Happy Kidz Sophie! (Red hair and brown eyes! Yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that you're unwell, it never rains but it pours. I hope you'll soon be on the mend again. Family members are so very generous with their germs, aren't they!!
    I'm not sure about this doll. I love the starfish hands because there is a funny little doll on Instagram that I follow and he has these, his name is Barry and he lives in Australia. He also has these eyes but his are all wonky and it adds to his appeal. I'm thinking he is one of these very same dolls.
    I'm with Dorothy in that I don't mind the eyes open but I don't like them closed, they don't look very nice, but maybe it is because we don't see any lashes just those sort of covered 'holes'!!!
    I'm glad that you're happy with her though, that's the main thing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like baby dolls with closed eye sculpts. They totally creep me out. Too dead looking!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ha! Usually people know for sure that they don't!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.