Thursday, August 1, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #212: A Doll of My Own Making: Tiny 1800's Girl

  It was an overcast day, and not what I wanted for the photos  I wanted to take, so I substituted another doll.


This is another tiny doll I made.


She is only about an inch and a quarter high.


She has teensy braids.



Somehow,during her photo shoot she lost one of her thread 'hair ribbon'.
Her arms can move up and down.

They are wire,so if you really wanted to,you could bend them too.
.

Her legs move too. She can even sit.
 



Under her dress she has a lacey petticoat, lace bloomers and painted on shoes.



That's it for today. 



Maybe I'll get to show you those other dolls tomorrow.  In any case we'll see some doll.

11 comments:

  1. Is that your smallest one? She's really something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doll is darling and so tiny! I love the pictures of her sitting inside the flower. She reminds me of Thumbelina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Now I'm thinking maybe I should make a Thumbelina! That would be a good reason she was so tiny at least. I do love making the tiny ones. It's fun. I like making the tiny furniture more than the bigger stuff too. My sister asked me why I 'need to' make things so tiny. I like tiny things. The smaller the cooler!

      Delete
  3. So sweet and petite, so lovely. You are so talented and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie doll! I love her dress and underthings. I don't know how you can sew such teeny outfits. That is incredible. Her braids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! To be honest,the only part of her clothes that is sewn is the waist of her skirt! Because she's so tiny it would be too hard to sew her clothes. It would also be too hard to dress and undress her, so her clothes don't need to be removable.

      Delete
  5. I thought of Thumberlina too! She's so cute and soooo tiny!
    I think you should definitely make a Thumberlina doll now ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thirding the Thumbelina impression. I love her little braids!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.