Thursday, August 8, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #219: Wellie Wishers Mini Figures

  Ivy will be going back to college in a little over a week. Today we took her to her favourite Mexican restaurant one more time before she goes to college. She loves the salsa there. She calls it 'drinking salsa', and she's not kidding. She literally drinks it. On the way we stopped at Dollar Tree so Ivy could practice backing into parking spaces in the parking lot. She's working on her driver's license.
  So I shopped at Dollar Tree while Ivy and Ken practiced backing in. I found some goodies. I got this "Hey Arnold"  Nickelodeon figure.



Unfortunately Arnold is the only "Hey Arnold"  figure in the figure series. Everything else is from shows we never watched.
  I also got these chalkboard wood stakes.


Without the sticks they'd be great doll sized classroom slates.
I also found this.


 I think it would make a great baby wipe container for 1/6 scale if I paint it white. It might be sort of jumbo sie,k but that's ok.
  Tammy World got this. 


The only thing she wanted out of it was the new shirt.


The fake denim shorts are kind of...well, fake looking,and shoes and purse look  bit cheap. But the shirt works great.  




I was afraid it wouldn't fit when I took it out of the package and saw that it's a pullover. Fortunately Tammy's head and the neck hole are a perfect match,and the neck hole still isn't baggy.




But beware if you buy it for a Barbie sized doll,like it's meant for. You'll never get her head through it. They also had some plastic 1/6 scale furniture: chairs,couches, bathtubs,if anybody is interested.
  I also got...today's dolls.



They are Wellie Wishers mini figures by Mega Construx,which is made by Mattel.


The Wellie Wishers are made by American Girl. The full size dolls are really cute. These little ones don't look exactly like them, but they're cute too. There are 5 characters. I got the two cutest ones they had. I think they may have only had the blonde one besides the two I got.




There were no character names on the packaging. I think this is Emerson.

She comes with a stand.

They are way more posable than a Lego mini figure.


She has a twist waist and her head tilts and turns.




She can even look up.



She can also tilt her head down.


Her skirt is made of rubber.


She's supposed to include '10 pieces'.
 
Even though these are the instructions to the brunette,they picture the red head.
The stand is one. I know her head comes off,because it did as I was taking her out of her inner plastic!
 

I was afraid to pull on her hair in case it wasn't supposed to come off. It does though.





The shoes don't come off.

I probably should have turned that stand around!
At least I couldn't get them off.

 

I suppose the other girl is Willa, but she seems to have a bit of a tan. The full size Willa is a fair skinned red head.



For some reason she has a pair of cat ears and a leopard print vest.



I grabbed these pictures quickly when my camera battery came back to life. It died early on, and by the time it was charged again it was late.


  So that's it for today. See you again tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I can't believe you are showing these dolls. I was in the Dollar Store on Tuesday and there was an empty box that had a picture of the Wellie Wishers. I looked all around the display but there were no dolls.

    I didn't know what the dolls would look like as I only know the regular sized Wellie Wishers. I will have to go to another Dollar Store now that I know what the dolls look like. They will be great "toys" for my bigger dolls.

    I wonder why they have "grab" hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like the Lego figures. The hands are made that way so they can hold objects from the sets. It makes them look a bot robotic though,doesn't it?

      Delete
  2. My daughter has a version of this Mega Blocks Wellie Wisher Willa figure, but hers has bunny ears instead of cat ears. My daughter also has the big sized Willa. Willa is the animal lover of the group and her outfits are usually animal themed. I think the Wellie Wishers are really cute, but my daughter was slightly too old for them when they came out, so she never got too into them. She did enjoy the book series and the tv show for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Wellie Wisher dolls are cute. My eldest daughter at age two started eating salsa with a spoon. Not quite the same as drinking it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would make great little dolls for ... well little dolls!
    I like Tammy's shirt though, some of these fashion outfits do have some useful bits in them sometimes!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. A lot of people use them as doll's dolls.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.