Sunday, August 25, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #237: Disney Animator's Collection Sleeping Beauty Toddler Doll

  Today's doll is this pretty girl.


She's the Disney Animator's Collection Sleeping Beauty Toddler doll. (Could that name be any longer?!) 


You may have noticed that in the first picture she's holding something in her hand...sort of. It's her friend the owl,as in the movie. The Animator's dolls come with a small stuffed toy. Ariel has a Flounder, He doesn't really sit on her hand very well.Rapunzel has her chameleon,Jasmine has her tiger. You get the idea. The owl doesn't fake sitting on her hand well at all. He has a plastic loop on his back to hang him from her wrist by.



I love the Animator's dolls,so I was really excited to find this girl at a Goodwill store. She was a bit more expensive than I would usually pay for a used Animator's doll. Most of the ones I have found at Goodwill were about $3,and yard sale ones were even less. But this girl was complete with all her clothes,shoes,socks, and her owl. So, I was grudgingly willing to pay the $6.99 for her.


These dolls can tilt their heads a little, and look up...


...and down.



Her outfit consists of a one piece dress/corset combo...


...with faux lacing up the front,and eyelet lace trim on the skirt...



It closes in the back with Velcro.


Underneath it all she has painted on underwear.

And a belly button.
She also has a shawl. This doll still has the shawl connected to her dress with plastic ties.


To finish off her outfit, she has black Mary Jane shoes and white anklets. Her shoes are rubber,and slide on.


She also has a grosgrain ribbon headband. It has elastic at the back. When I got her she had a ponytail. Her hair needed redone anyway, so before I washed her I took her ponytail down. It was then, just before I threw it away, that I realized her ponytail elastic was actually her headband! Fortunately I realized in time, because I always throw away old used hair bands I get on dolls. (Yuck.)






See those bangs? Those things were a challenge...which I didn't win. They are LONG. They probably reach down past her neck. When I did her hair I needed to curl those things. Unfortunately my house is bereft of curlers. Not a one in the place. Ironically, I had just bought Ivy TWO PACKS of curlers, but she took them to college with her. I'm not much on doing hair, as I have said many times. I am really bad with hair. So I would have done bad enough with the curlers. But without, I did a pretty sorry job of it. Luckily I had left enough conditioner in her hair that her bangs stuck in place a bit. For a while.





At one point during her photo shoot her bangs got hung on the sweet pea pods and,well...


But by now they are really starting to droop anyway. She's starting to look like Chrissie Hynde.



The rest of her hair turned out very nice though. It's quite long, with curls.



There's also a long curled piece at one side, which is not supposed to be tucked back in the headband with the rest of the hair.


I didn't do too badly with that.


You'll notice my finger in the photo above. I found she was harder to balance and make stand than the other animator's dolls I have.
Speaking of the other Animator's doll,you may have seen some of mine in previous posts. If not, you can find my Goodwill rescue Merida HERE,my mini Animator's Alice HERE,my review of Frozen's Kristoff HERE,my Goodwill rescue Elsa HERE, and my Anna HERE.

 

Those bangs. They started out so nice. Oh well. They really needed a curling anyway.


That's the doll for today.

      See you tomorrow for another doll.

10 comments:

  1. Cool! It's not every day one sees a Sleeping Beauty doll depicting the Briar Rose days. She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about that, but you're right.

      Delete
  2. Out of curiosity, are the Animators dolls ridiculously hard to get hold of in the US? And obscenely expensive?
    In Australia, I've only ever seen them in a shop once and they show up on EBay occasionally but usually for 60 or 80 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty readily available here. I see them at the Disney Store in the mall all the time and they cost $30. Though not all stores stock all the dolls. Last year when we were at the store my daughter was telling her about all the animator dolls she had and the clerk was surprised to hear that we had Sleeping Beauty. She had never seen that doll in stock in that particular Disney Store. I see these dolls for sale in thrift stores a lot and they usually only cost $2 or $3. There’s a lot for sale on eBay too - usually for anywhere from $20-$70 (including shipping). I’m sorry you have such a hard time finding animator dolls in Australia.

      Delete
  3. I love the animators! They are adorable!!! You got really lucky to find one is such good condition at the thrift store fully dressed and with her shoes, socks, and shawl!! Also, her hair looks great!! I have about 10 animators all found at Goodwill. None of mine had their shoes, a few were naked - though some had their dresses, and all of the ones with long hair had tangled, matted, horrible hair!! My sleeping beauty doll had especially bad hair! I’ve washed and combed her hair, and even soaked it in fabric softener and it’s still pretty bad. Yours hair looks so much better than mine - even the funky bangs! Oh you do need to be careful about the black head band. The one on my doll stained the back of her neck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep an eye on that headband. It's been washed now,so maybe that will have taken out the excess dye. I have found all but two of my full size Animator's dolls at yard sales and thrift stores. Unfortunately,I keep finding the same ones! I have at least two Ariels,(one had her clothes and Flounder toy),2 Cinderellas,(One had her dress at least!),two Rapunzels,(Both with dress),plus Merida(in her dress but with awful hair and markered finger nails and toe nails),and Elsa,(with dress,tights, and headband). Merida was the one I wanted the most, and of course, she was in the worse condition! The one Ariel and Sleeping beauty are the only two I've found that were complete with toy and everything.

      Delete
    2. I have found Elsa, Anna, Ariel, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahontas, and Elena of Avalor. I saw a Merida once, but didn’t get her because her hair was so bad, but now I regret it. Pocahontas and Rapunzel are my favorites. Their faces are just too cute!!

      Delete
  4. She is a cutie doll. She is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these dolls for customising. I recently gave away about three of them, new in their boxes, to a local charity, and I gave three to my husbands granddaughters and have just kept one customised one for myself, plus another customised one by someone in Germany that I'm eventually going to get around to selling! They are quite cheap here in the Disney store, about 30 euros or thereabouts, and that is how I managed to end up with quite a few. I'd intended customising all the ones I got but got sidetracked and so gave them away.
    But they're sweet dolls and I'd say a little bit addictive!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to own some of these, but I have no idea where I would put them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.