Sunday, August 4, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #215: Nape Curl Talking Barbie

  You may have seen a different version of today's doll on the blog before. I showed you my red haired Nape Curl Talking Barbie in my post HERE. Today's girl is a brunette.


Talking Barbie first appeared in 1967,with a long braid. (You can see mine HERE.)  The second version,which includes today's doll,had what is referred to as a 'nape curl' hair style. In other words, the hair curls at the nape,or the back, of the neck.
 

Her hair should be curled tightly at the back of her neck. It's not as tightly curled as it was originally,so the hair isn't as close to her neck.
 

It kind of looks nice fluffy like this, but her side spit curls seem to get lost in the sides of the hair.



Maybe I could just recurl those. Of course, you've been told how bad I am with hair,so you know that's probably not going to happen any time soon.


Her forehead spit curl is still in pretty good shape though.
 

The third version also had a nape curl style,but she had centered eyes. This is the second version, since she has side glance eyes.

They aren't really glancing to the side,but they aren't centered.

Like a lot of Talking Barbies,this lady has an issue with one of her legs. It has fallen off,a common problem for these dolls.

her situation does allow her to do this pose though.
She has rooted eyelashes,which is one of the best things about the Mod Era Barbies.




The outfit she's wearing is called Travel Togethers.


It's a Barbie fashion from 1967.


It consists of the hat, jacket, and skirt...



 


...and red closed toe pumps, which I don't have. As usual,I am sadly lacking in shoes.


  That's today's doll. See you tomorrow for another one.
   





9 comments:

  1. This doll is cute. I like her eyelashes and side glancing eyes. Since I have dark brown hair and blue eyes, I enjoy seeing dolls with that combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's like me with the red haired dolls with brown eyes.

      Delete
  2. These are the kind of dolls I buy second-hand, ones w/ personality. she reminds me of a dear sister and is wearing an out-fit I remember having.Wonderful post/thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. thanks for visiting with us.

      Delete
  3. She is lovely, her hair looks nice and so is that outfit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The outfit was a yard sale find.

      Delete
  4. She reminds me of Mary Tyler Moore. I love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Barbie faces from this era. And your clothes are always awesome to see. I understand why you need to have a Barbie for every outfit to display them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never have that many vintage Barbies!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.