Monday, August 12, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #223: Brat Doll

  Today's doll is this little girl.

 

Ok. She's a little weird looking.

 

I like her.  As a kid I had a few dolls similar to this one.  This girl is a soft vinyl, and jointed at the neck,shoulders, and hips.
 

In fact, I have a boy doll that is just like her except for the clothes and his dark hair.


They are both Brat Dolls. They would have come with a tag like this.


They were imported in the 1960's by a company called Enco,and they were made in Japan.


She's stands about 7 inches tall.
 

Brat Dolls, at least this girl and my boy,came with a balloon attached inside their  mouths.


When their stomach was squeezed they blew up the balloon. It really worked too. The idea was that they were Brats,so they were sticking their tongue out at you.


I played with mine quite a lot. Eventually the balloon fell off at the lips. Apparently that is a thing with these dolls.That's why you can still see the remains of the balloon in this girl's mouth.


  That's the doll for today.
 

See you back here tomorrow for another one.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun concept for a doll. You always have the most interesting and unique dolls! I don’t think there’s anyone who has as much variety of dolls and figures as you do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That's probably not a good thing! It means I have too much stuff! But seriously,thank you. That's very nice. I'm glad you are enjoying the blog.

      Delete
  2. Well I've definitely not come across these little dolls in the past, I'm sure I would have remembered! I can imagine a child having a lot of fun with a doll that stuck it's tongue out though :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to say something nice about this doll but I agree with what you said initially, she is a bit weird looking. I am sure that some folks would have fun playing with her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.