Friday, August 16, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #228: My Life As

  Today's doll is this little lady.


She's a My Life As doll.

Our 'who knows where it came from' Chinese lily is about to bloom. I didn't think it would this year, because it came up, and then all the leaves died. Then it came back from nowhere and now it's about to bloom.

She was made by Cititoy in 2013.


My Life As dolls come in a smaller size too, but this girl is the original 18 inch size.
 

She has sleep eyes with 'real' lashes.


She has BRIGHT green eyes...


...and the silkiest brown hair ever.


Seriously, this hair is so smooth and silky. It feels like real hair.




It needs a little more combing, but only a bit on the outer layer. I was afraid to comb it too much though, and ruin the beautiful bouncy curls she still has in most of her hair.


I'm assuming this is her original outfit. It was on her when I got her second hand.




This doll reminds me of somebody and for the life of me I can't figure out who. Ivy says it's nobody,but I told her that when I think of who it is and tell her, she will think, "Of course!"


The My Life As dolls are sold by Walmart. They were originally made by Madame Alexander. Those dolls had a different face sculpt from this one.
 

Cititoy took over the dolls in 2013.


I think I figured out who she reminds me of. I think it's actress Katy Mixon. I take it she's on a show called 'American Housewife' now, but I know her from her role as the annoying sister on 'Mike and Molly.


I think it's the lips.
That explains why Ivy couldn't see the resemblance. She's never seen either of those shows.


That's our doll for today.

 

 She'll be finding her way on to the sales page in a day or so,if anyone is interested.  I'm still clearing things out. Or trying to! No takers so far!
 

See you tomorrow for a doll I just bought yesterday in Indiana.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear these Cititoy dolls have nicer hair. I had a Madame Alexander doll and her hair was horrid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's very pretty, let's hope she finds a nice new home to go to soon :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an 18 inch Madame Alexander also but she isn't a "My Life As." She is just called "Mixed Prints." I have a family of 18 inch dolls. I don't know how they got here but they now live in my house (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's it's name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I know is that she's a My Life As doll. I don't know which one.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.