Friday, August 9, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #221: Sweet Miss by Camay

  Today's doll is, I think,Sweet Miss.


I think she's Sweet Miss. She is made by Camay, and does look like this ad I found.

I'm guessing the catalog was from Christmas of 1968.

I have also seen Camay dolls with this face,with red hair, or brunette with bangs. Thye may or may not have been Sweet Miss dolls. Camay produced clones of Tammy,Penny Brite, and Sindy.


Her face looks like a cheaper version of Mattel dolls from the 60's.


 I had been planning to do a post of this girl for a while.When I finally pulled her out,something has happened to her right eye. Now it won't stay open. But I thought she was still interesting enough to do the post anyway.
  


Her little teeth are painted on.
 

She has a very interesting colour of brown eyes.


And long black hair.



I'm not sure if these are her original clothes. They look a bit homemade.


Matching hair ribbon though.
She's jointed at the neck,shoulders,and hips.


 She's 16" tall.
  That's today's doll. Tomorrow we'll see another one.

6 comments:

  1. She's a cute little doll. You could just say she likes to wink a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She’s very cute - even with her messed up eye. She look’s very 70’s I’m her orange and gold outfit. I think the doll pictured with her in the catalog advertisement is super cute too. I wonder who she was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's Love Me Linda by Vogue. She is listed there as Pretty a a Picture,which was the Love Me Linda set that came with a framed picture of the doll. She's still the same doll as Love Me Linda though. You can see my post on mine at http://planetofthedolls.blogspot.com/2014/02/doll-day-35-love-me-linda-by-vogue.html

      Delete
  3. She does look like the doll in the ad. I agree. I don't think the clothes are original. I hope you can fix her eye at some point. Poor little dolly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is quite nice but what a shame that her eye isn't working properly. Hopefully you can fix that for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how! I'm sure it involves taking her head off,which is something I don't want to tackle!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.