Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #233: Connie's Collection: Nancy Ann Storybook Dolls Part 2

  Yesterday we saw a couple of Alice Through the Looking Glass dolls,part of my friend Connie's Nancy Ann Storybook doll collection. Today we're going to look at more of that collection.
  This one is one of my favourites I got from the sale of Connie's dolls.



She stands 5 and a half inches tall.
I don't know what her name is.


I love her flowered dress.




It closes in the back with a gold snap. 


Underneath she has matching bloomers.

As with all Nancy Ann dolls, her shoes are painted on.

She has a cute bonnet too.







She gives off a little less attitude without the bonnet.
Early Nancy Anns were bisque,and later dolls were plastic. This is the bisque version.



All Nancy Anns have movable arms,but not all of them have movable legs. This doll does.


I was actually able to get her legs bent far enough for her to sit down.


Yesterday I told you all about the real 'Nancy Ann', Nancy Ann Abbott. Abbott's real name was Rowena C. Haskin.



Although Abbott was an actress who supposedly costarred in many westerns,she doesn't have an IMDB page. I can't tell you what any of her movies were.





That's the doll for today. See you again tomorrow for another one.

7 comments:

  1. With that bonnet, she makes me think of Little Bo Peep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I looked though, and it doesn't look like she's Bo Peep.

      Delete
  2. I thought the exact same as Presto, Little Bo Peep, immediately sprang to mind. She's another cutie, the bisque ones definitely are very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at Bo Peep,and he doesn't seem to be her. Still a mystery.

      Delete
  3. Another cutie. She makes me think of Marlene Dietrich. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see it in some of the phots. Maybe it's the heavy lidded eyes.

      Delete
  4. No idea who she is either, but she's a cute little girl doll. I like her dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.