Friday, August 9, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #220: Dolls of All Nations, England

  For those of you who read yesterday's post and wondered about how the figures come apart, I found the paperwork I dropped and couldn't find before my camera battery died. So I have added a few pictures from that to the post.
  I recently did a post on a Native American doll by Unimax. She was from a series called Dolls of all Nations.(You can read that post HERE.) Several people expressed an interest in seeing other dolls from the series. So today we're looking at this girl.


She's from the same series. She is the 'England' doll.


She is wearing her original outfit,(because of course all English people wear riding outfits all the time.)


I can swear to you that I have never seen any of my friends or our family in England ever wearing a riding outfit like this.


The coat has tails.


Her clothes are stitched together,so I can't take them off to see if that is a full shirt.


Her jacket is stitched shut, and also stitched to her jodhpurs!

 

And by the way, her jodhpurs have faux suede in the inside leg,like real ones.
 

She originally had boots too, of course.
 Like the other dolls in the series,she was made in 1995,and is 12 inches tall.


   That's the doll for today.Tomorrow we'll look at another doll.

7 comments:

  1. This is a very cute doll. This series of dolls has a very cute face sculpt. I have one of these dolls - the one from Korea. I agree that’s it’s kind of silly that they put the English doll in a riding habit as her “National costume’. Out of curiosity, if you were designing an English doll, what would you dress it in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. There are different traditional regional costumes,like Morris dancer,but I can' think of anything that covers the whole country. I asked Ken, and even he can't think of anything other than the cliche' of suit, and bowler hat for guys.

      Delete
  2. I've seen exactly one person from England clad in an outfit like that, and I suspect that it was just for show (he was a musician, giving an interview for a comedy/variety program). These Dolls of All Nations have such sweet faces, though! You wouldn't by any chance know this young lady's name, would you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie doll. It's too bad she wasn't made so you could remove her outfit and put on a nice dress. How will she be able to take Afternoon Tea if she is stuck in a riding outfit (smile)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nearly missed this as I was just changing out of my riding outfit!!! ;)
    She's really pretty, I like her face, very nice! But no, never seen anyone wearing one of these outfits during my time in the UK :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.