Saturday, August 24, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #236: Connie's Collection: Nancy Ann Storybook Dolls,Part 5

  This is our last day of Nancy Ann's for a while. I don't know what I was thinking,but I have another whole box full of Connie's Nancy Ann dolls! The ones I have shown you were ones I divided out because I liked them best...or something. Maybe someday I'll show the others to you too. Let me know if you're interested in that. But otherwise, unless something kicks in and I go get out my small ones that I got at a doll show,that's all the Nancy Anns for now.
  Right now I feel lousy. I'm not sure why. It's something stomachy. It started yesterday evening. Poor Mow,our cat,has his second urinary tract infection of the year. He went to the vet yesterday,after I found blood in the litter box,and we followed him the next time to make sure it was him and not one of the others. The vet recommends putting him on a urinary tract health diet. That's going to be expensive,considering we can't feed Mow by himself and there are three others. But you do what you have to do.
  We are out of kittens now,and it feels a little lonely in here. But Mow,Joey,and Jimmy have been keeping me company. Arky actually came downstairs for cat treats yesterday,so maybe he'll join us soon.
  As I said,t oday we're looking at the last couple of Connie's Nancy Anns for a while.
 


These two are bisque.


The blonde looks a little grouchy.


But Mistress Mary,although reportedly contrary,looks like a nice enough kid.


They have painted features.

 

Their legs aren't jointed...


...but their arms are.





Mistress Mary could do with some wig repair.


She has a pretty dress though.



Grouchy has a nice floral dress too.


These dolls are fairly early ones. They probably date from the 1930's or early 40's.



As I said, I have another full box of Connie's Nancy Ann dolls. There were many more. Some were sold at the sale while I was there. There were also a lot left that were unsold when I left the sale. I'm sure that wasn't all of them though. Although Connie's dementia was to the point where she couldn't remember well any more,while her daughter was preparing the dolls for sale,Connie saw one and said,"I have a doll like that." Her daughter said,"This is it. This is your doll. Do you want to keep her?" Connie did. Her daughter said that she was having to get rid of most of Connie's dolls because of lack of space, but Connie did keep several of her favourite dolls. I was glad to hear that. She loved them so much,and she was still able to enjoy them.



Those are the dolls for today. Tomorrow we'll see other dolls,so come back then.

6 comments:

  1. All cutie dolls.

    I went to a doll shop today and saw a bunch of Nancy Ann dolls and thought of you. I didn't buy any dolls, though, as they were a little out of my reach.

    I did buy a travel set, by Sophia's, for my Gotz Happy Kidz doll. You never know when your doll might want to jet off to Paris and need a suitcase and a passport (chuckle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of course. A doll has to be prepared for any eventuality!

      Delete
  2. Grouchy? The blonde looks possessed 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of these two, they're very cute. The blond does indeed look kind of grouchy but the brunette has a very sweet almost shy look on her face, very sweet!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. In certain angles, Mary does look contrary. But most of the time she looks sweet and yes, shy. The blonde seem to be mad at you for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.