Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #226: Italian? Travel Doll

  First of all,one of our readers had a suggestion about the nationality of the dolls I posted as Bulgarian. I have adjusted the post a bit, so if you're interested you may want to reread the post.

Today is our last day with Ivy before she goes back to college,so today is a quick post. Today we're looking at this girl.

She has scary eyes, and an embroidered apron.
I'm not sure what country she represents. She's about 8 inches tall, counting the basket on her head.

And she's wearing a do rag.
She has what appears to be a medallion of a saint on her necklace.(I didn't notice when I took the pictures, but it was swung around to the back in the first picture.) If that,or anything else about her, gives anybody a clue, please let me know where you think she's from.


Behind that embroidered apron is a pleated plaid skirt,(with a floral blouse?).


She's made of a thin hard plastic,and has sleep eyes. I was thinking she might be Italian,from the do rag and the basket on her head.
  Tomorrow morning I am driving Ivy back to college. I will miss her so much.I'll post when I get back. See you then.

3 comments:

  1. She is a cutie wherever she is from. I love the basket on her head.

    Happy semester to Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best guess is that she's wearing an Infant of Prague medal, and therefore is from Prague, Czechoslovakia (Czech Republic).

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW another interesting one! And I see that beggarmaid has already suggested where she might be from. I wouldn't have had a clue!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.