Saturday, August 10, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 # 222: Baby Crissy

   Here is a doll I found at my favourite Goodwill. She's Baby Crissy.


Baby Crissy is a baby version of the grow hair Crissy doll made from 1969 to 1974 by Ideal. 


She was originally produced from 1973 to 1977,but was reissued, relatively unchanged,for two years,beginning in 1980.


  She's about 24" tall, but has curved baby legs more suited to a sitting position.

She really can't stand by herself.


 Her legs are not only in the curved,baby leg shape, they are chubby, with chubby baby feet.


She has chubby baby hands to go with them.




She has a really chubby belly and baby boobs.


She has big brown eyes,with rooted eyelashes. 



Her growing hair comes out of a hole in the top of her head.
 

The hair pulls out manually, and can be cranked back in by pulling the ring on a string that is hanging out of her back.




Her hair can be long..





..or short.

This is the shortest mine will go.

Or long and up.


There isn't any hair rooted close to the hole where the ponytail part comes out.



Baby Crissy bears a resemblance to Patty Playpal because she was sculpted by the same artist.


There is a page with loads of photos and identification information HERE. The page is by Beth Ellen Colvin, who shares my original last name,(my maiden name,which I still use.),but she's no relation as far as we know!
This isn't her original outfit.




This is a real vintage baby dress she borrowed because she was naked when I got her.



It was so long on her that I had to fold it under so her baby legs would show.


  That's today's doll. 

See you tomorrow for another one.

11 comments:

  1. Que boneca linda! Gostei de tudo nela: olhos, cor, boca, cabelos, vestido.
    Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another new doll for me. I like that her hair can "grow." Her face looks older than a baby face, I think but she is still cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does look older than a baby. It must be all that brown eye shadow! Plus, when was the last time you aw a baby with hair that long?!

      Delete
  3. Love this doll! You've dressed her very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty doll, her colouring on her face and hair are lovely. But her body and face/head seem as if they are not meant for each other, if that makes sense. Her body being very chubby and baby-like seems at odds with her head which seems more like a more grown up child. I do like her great face, her teeth and her hair is nice, as is her dress :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you're saying. Dorothy and I discussed that in a previous comment. She doesn't look like a baby,and her hair is too long to be a baby.

      Delete
  5. I had one as a child my mom got her for me brand new when I was 5. I really loved her and renamed her Melissa. I am 53 now and have been looking for another one ever since my baby sister whom I give her to when she was 5 doesn’t seem to remember what happened to her. My sister is 37 now and we both miss having her. Can’t believe you found one at a thrift store. You are so lucky. Cause I’ve been looking for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have one now! This particular one is now for sale. You'll find her on the sales page, in the side bar, or leave me a comment with your email address, (which I won't publish.)

      Delete
  6. I'm looking for a baby Chrissy doll orgenal but don't have a lot of money to spend on one
    I had one when I was little and gave her away when we moved . Because we didn't have room . For toys or anything

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.