Sunday, August 18, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #229: Stardoll,and Another Christmas in August

  Ok. Christmas in August isn't a thing. Christmas in July is,but I didn't have one then. However,yesterday I made quite a Christmas haul at a yard sale. oddly enough,the last time I posted a huge Christmas yard sale haul,(Even bigger than this one.),it was also August! You can see that haul HERE. I found all these cute ornaments at one of only a couple of yard sales we went to. I made up my own box out of about 3 or 4 boxes of ornaments. They were a quarter each.


There were various Santas and Mrs. Santas.
 
And some snowmen.
The Mrs. Santa on the far right seems to be one of those ornaments that came on a stick, for decorating plants.
 
I might not keep the others,but I love this little lady.
This miniature book will be great for dolls.





As will these eensy needlepoint pieces.
 

I got these two cute girls.

They remind me of the Misfit Doll from "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer".

There were lots of mice,including these cute little guys.
 
The pink one is the cutest.


There were also these Mr. and Mrs.Santa mice.


And these white mice.
 
The one on the left appears t be missing his nose. How does he smell? Terrible.
And this one in a chimney.


There was a cute dog. Looks like he might be a policeman...dog...or something.


This cute poodle looks surprised.


There was even a Snoopy.


Or maybe it's Snoopy's granny.


Christmas turtles!


There was even Raggedy Ann and Andy.


I think they may be Hallmark ornaments. 

Their faces are flat pieces of felt.

I saw some similar yarn ornaments still in their original bags,and they were marked 1986 Hallmark. These guys just said  1975 Bobs Merrill,which is just the licensing for Raggedy Ann and Andy.



There was this drummer.


I got this little Christmas elf. I have one like her/him,but you can never have too many! Some day I want to do a tree decorated with nothing but my vintage ornament collection.
 

My favourites are these guys!

A couple of them have lanterns,the second one has a candy cane, and the one on the far right has a bell.

They are Kurt Adler ornaments from 1973.


They have cute little flocked faces,colonial era ponytails, and their side curls are pipe cleaners.
 

Today's doll is one I found at Goodwill in Indiana,where I went after leaving Ivy to go to play rehearsal.


She's a Stardoll.
 

I think she's this one.

This is the stock photo for Stardolls on Ebay. I don't see a character name on that box,but apparently her name is 'Space Style'. Huh? She doesn't look very 'spacey' to me.

Mattel made Stardolls in 2011.


This one is not wearing her own clothes. This is a Barbie princess dress I think.


Stardolls were dressed in very current style clothes. My first reaction to seeing her in this princess dress was,'Well, I'll have to find her something else to wear that suits her better.'

From this angle she looks a bit like she has the Lea head sculpt. She doesn't though.
But after looking at her again,I decided she makes a pretty good princess.


Because their proportions are so different,I would think it would be hard to find other clothes that would properly fit these dolls even if you wanted to change them. The dolls were sold as Stardolls by Barbie, but they have a whole different body sculpt,and Barbie clothes don't fit them properly.

This dress is a little short.
They have big Stardoll feet. There's no way you're getting a Barbie shoe on that foot.


Stardolls also have really long legs,and one goes to one side a bit,so they can doll a model pose.

She has molded on underwear.
She can lift her arms up and out.


She has rooted eyelashes.


Stardolls were short lived.There were only eight dolls as far as I know. They were all pretty,interesting looking dolls.


You can see my other Stardoll HERE.
 
.
  That's the doll for today. See you again tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I have a little elf like that red one! But mine's in silver and gold! (And his head falls off if you try to hang him up.) I don't think I've ever seen another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come across several of the red ones, but I've never seen one like this in silver and gold! As for the head on yours,(or OFF yours!),maybe try a shortened toothpick with some glue to join the head and body again?

      Delete
  2. I think this doll is very pretty. I love her in this pink dress.

    I am glad you found the stash of Christmas items. I bet they belonged to someone who really loved decorating for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I paid for them the guy was telling me how he had always wrapped them up so carefully when he put them away.

      Delete
  3. Those Christmas ornaments are gorgeous, what a great find!
    And this doll is very nice, I've not heard of a Star Doll but I like her, I think she's nicer than Barbie too :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the old ornaments. They have a lot more personality than the millions of identical Hallmark ornaments. Don't get me wrong. I like Hallmark ornaments too. But they are so manufactured looking and stone faced compared to these.

      Delete
  4. Lovely Christmas ornaments 😍

    And the Star doll is very pretty. She looks good in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the pink dress might have originally belonged to a Disney Belle doll from Beauty And The Beast. I have a Winter Belle doll, still in her original outfit, and she's wearing a pink dress with a hooded cape. While your dress is different, the style is very similar.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.