Sunday, September 15, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 # 258: Cabbage Patch MIni Doll

  I know school has been back in session for a while already. But when I was a kid,September was back-to-school month. So today's doll is this little girl.
 

Obviously she's a Cabbage Patch mini doll.
 

To me she looks she's wearing a 'school dress'. 
 

She has a little hat.
 


When I got her she was wearing her hat as a hair tie!
 

   Her hat is held on by elastic,which is a good thing, because there's no way it was staying on otherwise.


When I was in school,I had school clothes and play clothes. As soon as I got home from school I had to change out of my school clothes and put on my play clothes. I was glad to do that anyway,because another thing from when I was a kid was that girls weren't allowed to wear pants to school. I was glad to get home and get out of those dresses and back into my pants. The rule changed somewhere in elementary school. I know that by 6th grade I was wearing pants to school. That would have been 1973-74.
There were a couple of different types of these Cabbage Patch mini dolls. One version looks nearly like this one, except for having stuffed hands,vinyl legs and bare feet, and removable shoes.


This one has soft,stuffed legs,with non-removable vinyl shoes and socks.
 

Her little hands are vinyl too.
 

Her hair is long and blonde. She's only 5 inches tall. I don't think full size Cabbage Patch dolls have such long hair.



I'm not sure about that tongue filled mouth.


She's cute though. Who can resist a Cabbage Patch doll?


  That's the doll for today. Come back tomorrow for another one.

5 comments:

  1. This little doll is cute. I don’t really like the full size Cabbage Patch dolls, but the mini ones are cute. The private school I attended in the 80’s required the girls to wear skirts and dresses in the Fall and Spring, but we were allowed to wear pants in the winter. For some reason though, I really liked skirts and dresses and often wore them in the winter too. What was I thinking?!? Now I rarely wear skirts and dresses and definitely not in the winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well she certainly is ready for school. What a cute jumper. I hope she remembers to take along an apple for the teacher (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is cute, and so is her tartan outfit.
    I left school in 1978 and we still weren't allowed to wear trousers as part of our school uniform...which thankfully had changed from an awful sack like navy pinafore at the end of the third year, to a navy skirt but it had to be as long as to just below the knee. And socks had to be navy or 'fawn'...FAWN!!!! They looked like white socks that had been accidentally washed with something yucky!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's cute! I like the smaller size and its hard to tell if that's a tongue or just the inside of her mouth. LOL I kind of like the thought of her sticking her tongue out. She does look like she's dressed for school somewhere they wear uniforms.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.