Sunday, September 1, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #244: My Melody Barbie

  Today's doll is this pretty girl.
 

She's My Melody Barbie.
 


She was released in  2007.
 

She's from the Barbie Pink Label line.



My Melody is a character by Sanrio.




She's the best friend of the popular and maybe better known character, Hello Kitty.
 
This doll uses the ever popular Steffie head sculpt, first used on the Busy Steffie doll in 1972. The sculpt has been so well loved that it's still being used. I think it's the only head sculpt from that era still in use.


She has very long ponytails.


They're twisted at the top.
 
Her clothes and accessories are,of course, My Melody themed.


Her necklace has My Melody on it.

 

The scarf on her head is printed with pictures of My Melody.

 

She has a My Melody purse with a My Melody charm it. Her belt even has a My Melody buckle.
 


She's wearing fishnet knee socks.


Her white shoes have molded stitching detail and little ribbon bows.




The sunglasses in her hand have transparent pink lenses.
 

 I like that. I hate it when doll sunglasses have solid lenses. The doll can't see through that! It's very unrealistic. I even hated that when I was a kid. Things had to be realistic.
  I've had her for years. I got her for the amazing price of $9.99!


I have never opened her because,even though I would love to take her out and photograph her, and even change her clothes,(She so pretty and would look good in so many things.),I like her packaging,and I think she looks good displayed in her box. The box is pretty on it's own.



  That's today's doll. See you again tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I love this doll. She is gorgeous!!! She does look really nice in her box. I usually always debox dolls, but occasionally a doll looks so good in her box I’m tempted to keep her there. In fact I just purchased a collector Barbie at Tuesday Morning and I love her in her box. So she might stay there for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool doll. I love how she is dressed.

    I just got the Katherine Johnson Barbie from the movie Hidden Figures. I am so happy I found her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is really very pretty and I love the colourful outfit. I don't blame you for wanting to keep her pristine in her box like this but it must be very tempting to want to get her out too!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love her! I had never heard of her before as I didn't start collecting Barbie as an adult until 2015. She said so cute! I have recently gotten into collecting the older birthstone beauties Barbie line and I absolutely love this Steffi face. Thanks for sharing this doll as she is now on my wish list LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.