Saturday, September 7, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #250: Eegee Doll

  Today's doll is this young lady.


Actually,she's not young. She's probably from the 60's or maybe early 70's. I don't know her name, so if anybody can identify her,I'd appreciate it.


She looks a bit shy.


She's an Eegee doll.

Does that say 1967?
This isn't her original dress. It's homemade,(not by me!).
 

She stands about 17 inches tall.


She has the standard articulation,at the neck,shoulders, and hips.


Like yesterday's doll,she has big brown eyes...
 

 ...and they're sleep eyes with 'real' lashes.


In fact,there's more of a similarity between them than just the eyes. They have almost the same head!


I mean almost exactly the same head.
 

The differences seem to be that today's doll doesn't have eyes that tilt up as much at the outside corners. Other than that the small differences are the eyebrows,lip colour,and yesterday's doll had blue eye shadow. The sculpt is so similar. So what is the connection between Eegee,(today's doll),and Uneeda,(yesterday's doll)?
  Like yesterday's doll,she is a leftover from an auction or something. In fact, they probably came together. They are like sisters. The taller one is obviously older and old enough to wear makeup.

 

  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll see a doll who doesn't look like these two!

4 comments:

  1. Your Eegee dolls are always adorable and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see the similarity in the side by side, but I like this face a whole lot more. She reminds me of someone but I can't for the life of me think who!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this doll better also. I would have wanted her when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like her name is Lovely Lisa in both sizes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.