Thursday, September 26, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #269: Kelly, New Baby Sister of Barbie

  I haven't started working on my vacation posts yet. I was unexpectedly called on to cohost Emma's radio show with her tonight,and then we did some shopping. So I didn't get done what I was going to as far as the posts. That will be coming though.I promise. Today we're going to look at another doll I photographed before Ken and I went on vacation. (It's a good thing I did some dolls ahead! I figured I'd be exhausted when we got back, and I was right.)  She's this kid.


This is Kelly,New Baby Sister of Barbie.


Actually, this is the very first Kelly. She appeared in 1995.


When Kelly first made an appearance, she was a baby. She came with a diaper,a pacifier, rattle, crib, and bottle.

A plate and spoon,a jar of baby food,a bottle,a rattle, black Mary Jane shoes,a bunny toy, a diaper,and comb and brush.

Kelly's crib has a mobile,which is removable.

It's also adjustable, and can be raised and lowered.

This extra piece fits on the bottom of the bed leg/mobile dial. This way the mobile can be turned with the dial and the crib leg stays stationary. 
 


Those are all baby items.
 
The side rail on the crib can also be raised and lowered.
She even has a 'bottle mouth'. Yet as time went on Kelly was going to school. Eventually she stopped coming with a diaper and was replaced as the youngest sibling by Krissy.
 
This Kelly came with pink footie pj's with bunny feet,a matching blanket,a black velvet dress,lace tights,black Mary Jane shoes,and a pink hair ribbon.
 


She has longer hair than any baby I've ever seen.


You can watch the commercial for this Kelly doll HERE.


That's today doll. I'll be back tomorrow with,hopefully,some vacation reports.

8 comments:

  1. Awww she's a little cutie, I didn't realise that Kelly actually came as a baby first...I thought she was always that small girl. I like that she came with so much stuff, it would have had quite good play value. It's great that you still have all the bits.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bots are still there because I got the set in an auction lot. This is actually one of the sets Ivy never had,although I'm pretty sure she ended up with the doll and most of the things from yard sales and Goodwill.

      Delete
  2. PS Really looking forward to hearing all about your trip...it's such a long time since I was in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie. I didn't know that Barbie had a baby sister. I just thought she had a little sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's constantly changing. There's no keeping up.

      Delete
  4. I have the one from the GAP set and I actually never had a Kelly! I had Krissy and I had the newborn from the Heart Family. Its funny because I didn't even have the older twins but I had the newborn. Go figure.

    She does have a ton of hair for a toddler! I would hate to have to brush that out after every bath. Let's hope she didn't mind having her hair washed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know my kids never had that much hair. Emma and Ivy were bald for ages. The kids used to aggrevate Ivy when she was a toddler by calling her Baldy.

      Delete
    2. LOL, poor Ivy! Siblings can be a pain. Mom had six (she has two left) brother and sisters and I definitely heard a lot of sibling stories.

      My Mom said I was pretty much bald till I was nearly two! She taped a bow on my head for my first birthday pictures.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.