Monday, September 23, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 # 266: Plated Moulds Baby

  Today's doll is this baby.


She's by Plated Moulds.


She was made in 1961.

"So I says to the guy,I says..." Please ignore her  'horns'. She's having a bad hair day.

She looks very much like Ideal's Thumbelina,which premiered the same year.


She even has the same hands...

 


...though her feet are different.


Thumbelina didn't have sleep eyes either.




Thumbelina was a Vogue Baby Dear lookalike. (Baby Dear came out in 1960.) So is this baby trying to look like Thumbelina,or Baby Dear?

I have no idea if this is her original nightgown. it could be homemade.

She measures 12 inches tall.


She has a soft, stuffed body and a vinyl head and limbs.


  That's today's doll.

 
  Tomorrow we'll see another one.

8 comments:

  1. Oooo, she's vintage??? Could've fooled me! She's got pretty eyes. I guess you could say she just woke up from a nap, hence the wild hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another cutie doll. I wonderful if she had little ponytails with ribbons. Maybe that is why her hair is sticking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of these dolls, gifted to me by my maternal grandmother . I have had her 61 years and she is still sweet and I send love to Sallie Mae ( grandmother) whenever I look upon her! My beautiful
      Girl who is loved and cherished.

      Delete
    2. No she did not have nor sold with pig tails! This lil girl pictured , given her manufactured date , has been around a long time and is probably lucky to have hair!!

      Delete
    3. I think Dorothy meant she might have had her hair pulled up in those baby ponytails that are just short pieces of hair with ribbon on them. That could have been done with hair that short, and maybe her owner, not her manufacturer did it.

      Delete
  3. lol, she does have horns. But she also has a really sweet face.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.