Saturday, September 21, 2019

Doll-A-Day 264: Weird Rubber Baby

  Today's doll is another mystery naked kid. (Sorry!)


He's unmarked, so I have no idea who this kid is, so if anybody knows,please leave a comment.

 

This baby is about 14 inches tall. There's a squeaker in his back that works when you squeeze his head.(Ouch!)


He has sleep eyes,with hard plastic lashes.


Those are some intense eyes!

Scary!
 The mouth is interesting.


There's detail in his molded and painted hair.


This guy's body is made of rubber. He's sort of in a sitting position.


But he can't really sit down.


Maybe if he sat on the edge of something?
 

No. That doesn't really work either. He could barely stay upright.
  That's today's doll. See you tomorrow for another one,and I promise it will be wearing clothes!

14 comments:

  1. he does somewhat look like the 15" 1955 all vinyl Ricky jr. by American character that has a hole in it's back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi, Tam!
    Acho que essa posição das pernas é para ele ficar confortável no braço, como alguns bebês gostam de ficar.
    Gostei dos olhos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eu acho que você pode estar certo. Ele pode deitar ou ser segurado nos braços da criança.

      Delete
  3. This is a very different looking baby. It's odd that he can't stand or really sit. Maybe he sat inside of something like a toy truck. The way his upper legs are shaped makes me think that he sat on something that held him up straight.

    Where did you find him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just saw this, but I'm finally answering it! I think he's just made for laying or holding. He's too young to sit up I guess! I can't remember where he came from. Probably an auction, but maybe a yard sale.

      Delete
  4. He has those same strange rubbery looking legs...but a cute face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sort of has the 'deer in the headlights' look though!

      Delete
  5. Um... I hope he's not offended when I say he looks like a doll created for a horror film. I do like his molded hair and maybe clothes would help?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at Ebay, he IS Ricky Jr! And he does look better dressed. Same eyes, same open mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, sorry for multiple comments but I decided to give you a link. I hope this doesn't trigger the stupid captcha thing.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/353890114294?hash=item52657e9af6:g:ZqUAAOSw81hfGOVn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have one identical mine is marked Arrow Girl rubber doll 16"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.