Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #261: American Character Baby Sue

  Today I apologize for the nakedness!


She has a strange darkness around her eyes. I think she looks a little scary. Maybe it would scrub off,but it didn't clean off with spray cleaner and a paper towel.



She's Baby Sue and she was made by American Character in 1957.
 

Her eyes are sleep eyes.
 

She's not exactly Magic Skin,because I always think of that as being quite thin. Her body and legs are a thick rubber.
 

But her arms are jointed,and made of vinyl or plastic. Because of the rubber torso,the arms are hard to move.
 

She's about 17 inches tall.
 

There's squeaker in her back.
 


  That's the doll for today. See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. She might be Baby Sue, from 1957. Baby Sue came in four different face molds and had legs like your doll has, and the example I saw on Google looked a little sad like your doll does. I suppose if I were nekkid I'd be sad too, LOL! I think she's got a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor baby. She needs some love and some clothes (laugh). I think she looks more sad than scary. I think her hair is the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe your gal might be Baby Sue 17" from 1957.Saw two similar pics in search "baby sue american character" . the values book has a 21" ,(1963)that says mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to find one of these 1967 Baby Sue's as I feel I would/could have played w/ one as I was six with a two-ish year old brother I rather wish was still a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor thing, what happened to her legs?
    I quite like her face though, she doesn't look scary to me :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she looks disgruntled or upset. lol She has a cute face though and would probably look better dressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is she for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely will be, and was in another part of the house from the fire we had, so she survived unscathed. But right now she's in storage until we get our house sorted out. If you want to leave your contact information, (which I won't publish), I can contact you when she is ready to come home.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.