Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #260: Pretty Penny Chatterbox

  Today's doll is this kid.

She measures about 18 inches tall.
 She's Pretty Penny Chatterbox

 

She was made by Remco in 1988.



This is her original outfit. Her dress closes in the back with Velcro.


She also opens in the back for her battery box. She has a vinyl head and hands and soft,stuffed legs.



 Penny has two ponytails and a loose piece of hair that comes out of a hole in the top of her head.


 As you may have gathered from her name,and her battery compartment,Penny talks.


She is operated by pulling her piece of loose hair! No wonder she talks. I'd have something to say too if my hair was being pulled. Actually,Penny is meant for hair play,She came with spare hair ribbons,and the act of brushing that hank of hair pulled it enough to activate her speech.


Some of Penny's phrases include, "I love a ponytail.","I love ribbons in my hair", "Doesn't my hair look beautiful?",and  Hi! I'm Pretty Penny Chatterbox!" You can see a video of Penny in action HERE.
  That's the doll today. See you tomorrow for another one.
 

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet doll. I am just amazed at the number of dolls I have never heard of.
    I guess that's why I am in school.
    Oh and also for ending a sentence with a preposition (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same as Dorothy, but then I have a few excuses, maybe a lot of these dolls were not available in the UK and when I was a child I wasn't that into dolls, so maybe even if they were available, I'd not even have noticed!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am bad about ending sentences with a preposition too. I think she's a pretty doll, although she does seem to have linebacker shoulders! I understand just brushing activated her, but it does seem mean to have hair activated by pulling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I’m wondering if you can show a pic of her battery compartment. I’m noticing it’s way down on the bottom and mine doesn’t appear to have a covering. Is this the only place that batteries are needed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately she's packed away right now. I think that's her only battery spot. It could be she has lost her battery door. I assume the cloth is still there?

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.