Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 # 247: Mine to Love Natalie

  Ken and I have had a busy week! We have spent the last three days driving all over the big city shopping for a used car,and running someone Emma knows to a doctor's appointment. (Why did we take him? Because Emma is in California filming a documentary on a 70 year old retiree who crossed the country doing Karaoke,and we have her truck.) We think we finally found something. We may have a car by tomorrow!
  Today's doll is this little girl.



She's Natalie from the Mine to Love series of dolls by Melissa and Doug.






She's not a doll I'm keeping,but she is cute and she is the perfect size to show you the really cute rocking seat I got at Goodwill the other day.


Isn't it great?
 


She's just over 12 inches tall and she fits it perfectly,

 

I've been trying to think if what dolls I have that would work well with this seat. Patience maybe?


This cute little girl has an open mouth...



...and as it does with many kids, the thumb fits perfectly in the mouth!




  Two of my three kids were thumb suckers. Ivy was the lone non thumb sucker. She was also the one who fussed and didn't sleep her whole first year!
 


This doll has a soft stuffed cloth body,with vinyl limbs and head.


She has sleep eyes with 'real' lashes.


I don't think these are her pants, but she had nothing else.


She has a ponytail.




There's a little bit of Mary-Kate and Ashley/Michelle Tanner to her.



That's the doll for today.



See you again tomorrow for another one.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, I didn't see the "Full House" aesthetic until you pointed it out! Now I see it! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes well with the vehicle situation. You can turn it in to a doll-mobile and drive all around looking for wonderful finds. Oh wait, you do that now (laugh).

    I love the rocker.

    I was nice of you to drive around Emma's friend. Her documentary sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's cute, although I prefer her more with her thumb in her mouth than with it out. I think the little seat is mega cute though, what a great find.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I seem to always agree with Sharon! They made her mouth big enough for her thumb and its a little too big when its out as a result. But she looks adorable with her thumb. And her ponytail is so cute!

    The rocking seat is interesting, I have never seen or heard of anything like it in human or doll size!

    And yay for a working car! I hope it came through but I guess as I read I will find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's still running. That's pretty good for us. We have horrible car luck.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.