Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #246: Horsman Cinderella

  Today's doll is this lady.

 

She's Cinderella.


She was made by Horsman.
 
She's marked with an H on the back of her head.

She was produced in 1965. She came in various packaging. There was an extravagantly boxed set that included only the doll and the spare glass slipper on a cushion


There was also a version that included a head and an outfit for making her into 'poor' Cinderella too. too.


Cinderella measures 11 and a half inches tall.

I thought it was fitting to pose Cinderella in a pumpkin patch...but all I had was my cantaloupe vine!
She has the same head sculpt as Horsman's 11 and a half inch Mary Poppins,and Flying Nun dolls.



Mary and Cinderella have slightly different face paint.
 


Her head sculpt is similar to Tammy. Tammy was made by Ideal,but people still get Cinderella confused with Tammy, or her mom.


  She even has similar hands.
 

Cinderella has a tall,piled up hair-do.



 



There's a silver 'tiara' in her hair. This one has seen better days.
 


She's wearing pearl type earrings.


Her dress is satiny with lace accents. This dress has seen better days too.


Unexpectedly,her dress closes in he back with two rather large buttons.

 

Under her dress she's wearing a pink tulle underskirt.
 

Of course, she would have had shoes. Mine doesn't.


 By the way, that random cantaloupe I have growing: It came up on it's own after I threw a rotten cantaloupe we forgot to eat in my garden spot this Spring. I was hoping it would, It started late though,and I thought it wasn't going to do anything but grow blooms. But today I discovered that I am with cantaloupe! We have at least two babies growing!


Of course,it's so late in the season that the cantaloupes and the blooms on my tomato plants,will probably not have time to grow into a mature fruit before the weather gets too cold. Still.

 
  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we go car shopping again, but we'll still be looking at another doll too. See you then.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe next year your cantaloupe will be on time! I've never seen this Cinderella before and she's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sweet, she looks like a fun cross-over collection item story book to a possible Mrs. Banks to go w/ my Mary and Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is definitely princess-ey. I wouldn't like the extra doll head though. I find that kind of creepy.

    The buttons do look big. Is that her original outfit?

    I hope you find the perfect car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought this was Sindy when I first saw the photos, the sculpt is very similar. I think this girl has a slightly more pouty mouth though.
    What cute little cantaloupes, hopefully next year they'll grow much bigger :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a cantaloupe before or grown tomatoes come to that i do though have the doll Glad to find out she is a Cinderella i know for sure she has the Mary Poppins face mold!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.