Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Doll-A-Day #158:Madame Alexander Fancy Nancy

  I showed you a mini Fancy Nancy doll a while back.(You can see her HERE.) Today's doll is Fancy Nancy too, based on the children's books by Jane O'Connor,but by Madame Alexander.

The Fancy Nancy from the books would never be found barefoot in the woods!
She measures about 10" tall to the top of her hair, but only 9" to the top of her head.


 She has loads of little ringlets in her multicoloured hair.


Look at her squiggly eyebrows.

She is made of a very nice vinyl. It's very smooth.

Her smirky face reminds me of Eloise.

Kay Thompson's Eloise, illustrated by Hillary Knight.
But it's really based on the Fancy Nancy illustrations by Robin Preiss Glasser.

But maybe she was influenced by Hillary Knight.


She has 'high heel' feet.


She was found at Goodwill a while back, (The same store as the one from the recently featured glut of dolls.),completely naked,so she is wearing a vintage dress that I got in the bag of clothes from the recent Goodwill finds.


This particular Madame Alexander doll came in several different 'fancy' outfits from the books.

This one is Posh Puppy.

This one is Fashion Boutique.

This one is Bonjour Butterfly.

Uhh...I know it was a book cover,but which book?!
There was even a Christmas outfit with a coat.

It's Splendiferous Christmas.

 I would love to have the Christmas one.
   I've mentioned before that some of the dolls and figures I have are because they remind me of my children's loves from their childhoods, and the happy times we had playing and reading together when they were small. Fancy Nancy,apart from being a cute doll in her own right,was one of Ivy's favourite book series when she was little.


See you tomorrow for another doll.

6 comments:

  1. that is a great find, see you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found that Tammy shoes fit her feet. Penny Brite shoes are too short.
    She is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But what about her feet being high heeled shape? Do the shoes stay on? I am very short of Tammy shoes anyway, so I wouldn't want to stretch them by using them on Nancy.

      Delete
    2. The kitten heeled shoes for Tammy are a perfect fit. I picked some up at a doll show without knowing what doll they originally fit, but they matched the template I'd brought. I found more on eBay, but only white and red. Later I found a very similar though slightly wider shoes in my shoe stash that also works. Penny Brite shoes are not only way too small they are also flat. Kelly shoes and clothing work for the tiny Fancy Nancy, even if they are a bit big.

      Delete
    3. I don't think they are actual Tammy shoes, but I found a yellow pair that are just like Tammy shoes. They're probably clone shoes. But you might look for some Tammy clone shoes, or shoes for Eegee's Shelley,or possibly Glamour Misty.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.