Saturday, June 10, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #161:Shrunken Saturday:Little Bride and Groom

  Today I went to the flea market with my friend Lori. We'll see what goodies I got in the near future. Today though, is Shrunken Saturday,and our dolls are this little wedding couple.



When I was a kid we had a few of these kind of dolls. I always called them 'candy box dolls' because I got one on a box of Valentine candy. I think they are actually called 'dress me dolls',because they were often sold in the craft department as nude dolls ready for dressing.


He has a bit of a pallid complexion and weird eyes, but hopefully she loves him just the same.


These dolls measure just under 6" tall,so they are a little smaller than the ones usually seen.

They look a little standoffish.

There are alot of these dolls around, but almost all the ones I have ever seen are female.



 In fact, I had never seen a male  until just a few years ago.

His head is pale, but the rest of him has yellowed.

So this groom is kind of cool to have.

this is his smarmy look.
 Even if he is missing his shirt front.


It's tie only for this guy.


His hair is painted on, but she has mohair hair I think.




Their clothes aren't removable.

"How about a hug?"


"Please?"
 They are jointed at the neck,and shoulders only. They can't sit down.

Awww.
 They have sleep eyes though,so if they can't sit, they can always lay down and go to sleep.
 
This type of doll always has the same face.

Even he has the same face.
"I don't,do I?"

And in fact, I think you can still buy similar dolls.


Her dress is satiny and his suit is mainly felt.





See you tomorrow for another doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.