Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #178:Yet More Yard Sale Goodies and Another Pile of Tinkerbell Friends

  Yesterday I showed you some Tinkerbell and friends dolls I got at a yard sale on Saturday. I mentioned getting a dress and wings for the Tinkerbell dolls that are about 9" tall.



Well  I got several Tinkerbell friends the size the dress fits at my favourite Goodwill last week, including some naked ones.

I think I've identified these girls. The two black haired dolls without clothes are Vivdia. The other two dark haired girls in the blue dresses are Silvermist. The red haired girls are Rosetta. The African American girl is Iridessa.
So I was happy to get the dress.




As I said,this is Rosetta.

 

I  think Rosetta and Zarina are my two favourite Tinkerbell friends.

I've been growing clover for our bunny Jerome.
I had to recomb her hair a little, but it was pretty nice.


It's actually a Tinkerbell dress,but I don't mind.


  The wings must go to a different doll.



I got two Rosetta's because I thought I might try a repaint on the less nice one.


 The Tinkerbell is the same size, but I got her somewhere else the week of the giant Goodwill hauls.


She's complete except for her wings, and minty.


Here are  the two dark haired girls,which I think are Vivdia.

And here are the two dark haired Silvermist dolls.


 I thought they were exactly the same doll,but there were two different dresses. One may have been redressed.


On Saturday I also found a baby doll at a yard sale,who was wearing this 18" doll dress by Bonnie Jean.


The doll was a dollar, but when I asked they were happy to sell me just the dress for 50 cents. Then they pointed out the matching girl's dress.


So I figured I might as well get the set. I was going to use the doll dress for my American Girl or my Journey Girl,but, now I probably won't keep it. I'll just sell the set. Ivy used to love having matching dresses or nighties with her doll,Baby.
Elsewhere I found this hat.It's really familiar. Anybody recognize it?

It looks like it's probably early to mid 1970's.
  Check back tomorrow for another doll. We're going to the movies to see a classic Jimmy Stewart movie called "You Can't Take it With You". We have tickets for the Summer Movie Series at the beautiful Ohio Theatre. So far we've seen "All About Eve" and Hitchcock's "Suspicion". We've seen them all before,but it's nice to see them on a big screen.It would be better if they had some better prints. So far they've been pretty scratchy.

1 comment:

  1. cool find I have a few of them that I found at the thrift store but none with clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.