Monday, June 26, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #176:Yard Sale Finds of the Week,Including My Twinn

  I haven't been to very many yard sales this season. There haven't been very many for one thing.And the few I have been to have been very disappointing. I was getting discouraged and I wasn't very inspired to get up super early,(after staying up very late with Ivy and Ken. Ivy hates going to bed in the summer.),and go out just to find the crap that I didn't want. This weekend we had a huge rain storm on Friday. It poured, and some places were flooded. Ken and I were out anyway, so we went to a few sales as the rain slacked for a while. There wasn't much to be found. On Saturday there was a community sale, so Ken and I went out. It was, as my dad would have said,"the nighest no community sale I ever did see." There were very few sales, and there wasn't much of interest at any of them. In the end I spent $23 the entire day.
 Early on I bought this stuff at one sale.

1/6 scale wooden rocking chair,tiny silver 'tray', and 10 Micro Machines,all for $1!

I thought I might have done pretty well. It was the best I've done so far this season.But soon I went to another sale and found this girl.




She's a My Twinn.



Her  head is marked 1996.

Her wig is coming unglued around the edges.
Her body is marked 2007.


She's one of the 23" My Twinn dolls,like Emma's doll,which I featured on the original Doll-A-Day,back in 2014. You can see her HERE.



I got her,her My Twinn tagged dress and shoes, and an extra My Twinn tagged dress and shoes.



She wanted to show you how my leeks are seeding. Pretty, aren't they? Of course, they should have been eaten before getting to this point,but once again they started to go to seed before getting big enough to eat!
 She's also wearing her My Twinn under shirt and underwear.



There are so many head sculpts for My Twinn dolls.I'm never very sure I know which one I have found. I think this girl is Tamsen,but I'm still not sure.



I found what I think is her on a reference page for My Twinn faces. You can see it HERE.


Tamsen is supposed to be rare.

This girl has some scratches on her hands,and some snags on the fabric of one thigh. Otherwise she 's in pretty good shape.



She has a long ash blonde wig.



I bought her from a teenage girl,who I'm assuming was her original owner.



She and her little sister were selling some of their toys.



They weren't asking much for them. I'm not particularly fond of this  doll, but for the price,I couldn't pass her up. She will help finance something else.


So,like the Lenci doll we saw the other day, she is just passing through.


Sorry kid.
As you can see, I  finally got my yard under control.



I weed whackered the whole yard! Now that it's short enough, I should be able to keep it under control with my little mower,although it still needs the blades sharpened. We are pondering if it's worth getting the blades sharpened,since the mower only has one handle,and those little non motorized mowers are so cheap that it probably wouldn't be much more than the sharpening cost to just buy a new mower that would have both handles! The problem is, we can't find anywhere that carries one I like



I did buy some other things yesterday too.Nothing was quite on the level of this doll,but I got some interesting items.



I did get some dolls and other things we'll have a look at tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. nice haul, I went to the thrift store friday, didnt find any dolls but I found a few my little ponys that needed a boil perm, got three for $1.00 then ir rained like crazy.I was glad to be home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like here. It's been raining every couple of days,seems like.Late last week it rained so hard the water was almost covering the roads in some places.This town was built on a swamp,and it keeps trying to return to that!

      Delete
  2. Emily from the Toy Box Philosopher did a series a while back fixing up My Twinn dolls (re-wigging, giving new eyes, fixing the body, etc.). Maybe you could fix her up and sell her on ebay? I think she would look gorgeous just with her wig having a downy dunk or something. I'm not a my Twinn fan, but she looks to be in pretty good condition. If you do resell her, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I'll be getting rid of her I probably won't mess with anything I'm not good at. I'll just make sure the new owner is aware of her flaws. I did see Emily's posts though,and I'm going to try the head repair on Emma's My Twinn.

      Delete
  3. Hi it's me "Dejavudolly" from ebay, the new owner of your beautiful Madison My Twinn Doll!
    Here is that website I mentioned showing a neck/head repair;
    The My Twinn Project - (scroll down about 1/3 of page)
    http://planetofthedolls.blogspot.com/2017/06/doll-day-2017-176yard-sale-finds-of.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! That's me. I think you mean The Toy Box Philosopher. Glad you found the blog.

      Delete
  4. The doll is cute, but I have to admit i am more excited by your micro machines. I had tons of them when I was a kid. Except the trains, which are now ridiculous prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I live them, but I don't have the doll any more. Trains would be great. I have some Hallmark mini train ornaments, which are really good.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.