Friday, May 12, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #132: Jewel Sparkles and Tippy Tumbelina

  More of the never ending Goodwill haul! Today's doll is two:these two Lalaoopsey plush dolls.


The larger one,who is winking is Jewel Sparkles from the Sew Silly Chatters series.


Being part of the Sew Silly Chatters series means she's a talking doll.

Maybe that's why her mouth is open.
She has a handle pull string in her back that activates her voice.

I love her printed and embroidered hair. She's not much of a stander. Her legs can't hold her up.Her little printed shoes are actually printed with soles too.


Her slightly smaller friend is Tippy Tumbelina.
 

Tippy has  the same printed and embroidered hair, but she doesn't talk.



Her fishnet tights and ballerina slippers are printed on,as is the tulle underskirt.



The outer tulle is real. In case anybody forgets, or she gets lost,she has a heart on her bottom on which to write the name of her owner.


These are my first lalaoopsey plush dolls. While I like them, and it's nice to have them, I don't feel the need to have any more. These will do.
Tomorrow is Shrunken Saturday, and we'll see some small dolls from the haul. See you then.

3 comments:

  1. Those are cute. Remind me of the Dressy Bessy doll I used to have in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Dressy Bessy.Wasn't the boy's name Dapper Dan?

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was. My sister had Dapper Dan.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.