Saturday, May 27, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #147: Shrunken Saturday: Apple Dumpling

  This week's Shrunken Saturday doll is not part of the recent Goodwill hauls. She's this tiny girl.


This is Apple dumpling, sister of Strawberry Shortcake.


This particular version of Apple Dumpling was made by Bandai in 2002.


She was part of a two pack called Berry Sweet Sisters, which contained both Apple Dumpling and Strawberry Shortcake.

I have this Strawberry Shortcake too,or at least her clothes.

She's only 3" tall.


She comes in her dress,undies,hat, socks, and shoes,which are all removeable.
 

Her hat has a red ribbon ties.


Her hat and dress are printed with apples.


She is supposed to have an apple scent, but mine seems to have lost hers. I think the older Strawberry Shortcake dolls have held their scent a lot better than the newer ones. I wonder if  modern chemical regulations have anything to do with that.
  She's posing with the wild strawberries that are everywhere in my yard. (Although this is the edge of my neighbours' yard,that borders my driveway.These aren't my crazy neighbours. These people mind their own business. These wild strawberries are inedible. I had always thought they were poisonous until recently. It turns out that they are not poisonous, just unappetizing! In spite of their alluring and tasty looking bright red colour,they have no smell or taste! All the edible strawberries, that I paid money for when one of the kids was selling them for school,died off long ago. The useless wild ones just keep proliferating.
  Come back tomorrow and see what doll we are concentrating on then.

7 comments:

  1. The Dancer has these dolls, packed away in a big box of Strawberry Shortcake stuff. I wonder if hers still have a scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those scents packed in a box together...I feel a little queasy from here.
      :)

      Delete
    2. LOL. It's a pretty huge box, and also contains a house, furniture, a couple of wardrobes, a carriage, a couple of horses, and probably more, so hopefully the scents aren't too mingled. :)

      Delete
  2. She's cute but I think the original one is cuter. I had the baby and didn't know they had changed her so much over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was 'too old' for the originals, and now I'm even older and like these recent ones. Go figure.

      Delete
    2. I’m 48, and just bought her today… never too old to play :)

      Delete
    3. Most certainly not! Although I did have a foolish 'I'm too old for toys' period around 12.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.