Monday, May 22, 2017

Doll-A-Day 2017 #142:High School Musical Gabriella Dolls

 ** A reader points out that the taller girl seems to be Kylie, from A Mermaid's Tale 2,from 2012. She has the same head sculpt as Gabriella,and that's Gabriella's dress from the 2 pack with Troy, but she has the big,flat feet of Kylie.**
 Today's dolls from the Goodwill hauls are these two High School Musical Gabriella dolls.

The taller one is the standard 11 1/2",but the other one is only 10" tall.


The taller one is High School Musical Gabriella.



She has a purple streak in her hair.


And she has the larger, flat feet some of the Barbies,like the Cali Girl dolls,had.


She was barefoot, but wearing her original dress. It has lace trim along the hemline.


The shorter one is High School Musical 3 Graduation Gabriella.



She's wearing her original dress and shoes.


I only noticed she had a chunk of hair chopped out of the front when I had her home. I need glasses I can wear all the time! (My glasses are for far away, or very close up. For most of life and regular distances, I don't need glasses. That means I can't wear them all the time. It's a pain.)

She's older than the taller version, so I guess that's why she's wearing more makeup.


Her dress has some lace trim too. Her shoes fit Skipper,since she has the Skipper body.She has had a hair cut, but she was worth the dollar,(minus my over 55 discount),for her dress and shoes.


 I do like both Gabriella dolls. They're very pretty.



But here's a question for you: why did the High School Musical dolls get shorter as time went on?


Were the kids shrinking? I can see if they maybe started out short and got taller as they were supposed to be getting older. But this makes no sense at all.




There was another naked Gabriella in the tubs of dolls,a short one. I didn't buy her, but I did buy another doll that was wearing her shirt.The bag of doll clothes I bought contained High School Musical Troy's sweatsuit and sweat band,but the doll was nowhere to be seen.


My kids never watched High School Musical. Emma was a bit old for it,Fuzz couldn't have cared less,and Ivy,who was the right age for it and had friends who liked it, refused to watch it because it was so popular. (That's my kid. Takes after me.)
Tomorrow we'll see another haul doll. See you then.

12 comments:

  1. Did you see my answer to your comment on my blog? Those shoes might fit your J-Doll too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No,I didn't. I'll have to look.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I also meant to add that my kids watched HSM, especially my youngest. One of the girls in our neighborhood at the time even had a HSM2 "watch party," and the girls had a HSM game with a DVD incorporating scenes from the movies. Now they look back and smile.

      Delete
  2. I have both of them two I didnt know that they were highs school musical dolls thank you very much for sharing this info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome.Glad I have been of some help!

      Delete
  3. The tall doll is Kylie from A Mermaid Tale 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mattel seems to have used the same sculpt for the Kylie doll in 2012, but before that,in 2008, there was a 'High School Musical 3' 2 pack with Troy and this version of Gabrielle with this head sculpt,in this dress,so I'm pretty sure this is actually Gabrielle

      Delete
    2. no it's not. Probably the owner of the dolls got them second hand (I can see the hair from the taller one is not in very good condition). I have both Kylie and Gabriella in red dress and I can guarantee this is NOT Gabriella!

      Delete
    3. We already established that last July,as you can see if you read the comments below, AND THE FIRST SENTENCE OF THE POST WHERE I CORRECTED IT. And I AM the owner of the dolls,and I said in the post that I got them at Goodwill,which would make them second hand.

      Delete
  4. I don't think it is. She's got the big beach feet. I have her. I also have Troy from the two pack. He's Skipper size. But they definitely used the same sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess you're right. Funny she was wearing the Gabrielle dress when I found her. That's why I figured she was Gabrielle when I researched and saw her with that face and dress. The feet tell the tale though I suppose.

      Delete
  5. I probably would have thought the same if I didn't know who the other was. They look like sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.