Saturday, November 24, 2018

What's Up?

  So,I have been busy at home,if not on the blog. On Wednesday Lori and I went to Indiana to pick Ivy up from college for Thanksgiving break. It was a long day,but we got her home. All the kids were here for Thanksgiving and even got along well. Fuzz baked a very good vegetarian 'meat' pie for lunch,which he made up as he went along. I spent too much time cooking and doing dishes once again, and not enough time spending time with the kids.
 
This is mos tof the vegetarian food we had for Thanksgiving. beginning at the top and going clockwise, Quorn Turk'y loaf,homemade sage and onion dressing,cranberry sauce,roast brussel sprouts,Ken's 'corn stuff',which started out as a recipe he had, and now changes every year,and sweet potato souffle', the only thing I ever asked Ken's stepmother for the recipe for,and even then I changed it. She wasn't the best cook.

 That made me decide that on Christmas I am not cooking anything. I'll make the cherry delight the day before,and maybe Emma's mashed potatoes. Anything beyond that,I'm forgetting about. Ivy and Fuzz don't like what they call 'holiday food' anyway, and Emma doesn't care that much. I'd much rather just relax with the kids and enjoy being with them.Food isn't that important. Ken cooks all day. I'm not doing it.
  I have been promising to show you a doll I got for our anniversary,and I will. It will be very anticlimactic,I'm sure! But it's coming.

6 comments:

  1. Hello. I am with you! I don't cook. I would rather eat out or order in. I told my daughter (now 28) when she was growing up that anyone who can read a cookbook can cook. That was my cooking instruction (laugh).
    I am a vegetarian also. I would have enjoyed your Thanksgiving meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind cooking, but not on the holiday, when I have a chance to spend time my kids. Ivy was the only one left living at home,and now she's gone to college. The last few years we've brought in Olive garden for Fuzz and Ivy anyway because they don't like 'holiday food'. I'm not much of an eater anyway and the only time of year I eat such heavy food is holidays. I won't miss it all. Occasionally I make a Quorn roast and dressing just for me because there's no one else to eat it!

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family, and yes sounds like a great plan not to cook at Christmas. I've not cooked a Christmas dinner now for three years as we now eat at a friends restaurant and they do all the hard work for us to enjoy :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try it, although when I told my son about it, he suggested that mashed potatoes would be better made on the day,wouldn't take long,and I could mash them while being in the living room with everybody! Looks like I might not get out of cooking altogether!

      Delete
  3. HELLO, I FOUND YOUR POST AFTER SEARCHING ON LINE FOR THAT KID DOLL. MY SON WAS GIVEN ONE FOR A CHRISTMAS PRESENT. BEING BORN IN 65 HE WAS QUITE SMALL WHEN HE RECEIVE IT. I AM SURE THE REST OF US ENJOYED THAT KID MORE THAN MY SON DID. HE WAS HYSTERICAL WHEN ONE OF US WOULD REMOVE THE SLINGSHOT. WE HAD THE DOLL FOR SO LONG THAT OUR NEIGHBOR BORROWED IT EVERY HALLOWEEN TO SCARE THE LITTLE KIDS . I ENJOYED YOUR POST GREATLY DOTTIE TIPPETS DOTT 120@YAHOO.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I don't think I've ever talked to anybody who bought one when they came out. Was it a doll that appealed to you,so you got it for your son? What ever happened to the doll? Do you have any old photos of the doll that you would share? I have done two posts on That Kid,and one has some videos of him talking. (I'm not sure the videos are working right now.)

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.