Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Play Sets: Bratz Rock Angelz Recording Studio

   I've been having trouble with my computer. For some reason it can't install the latest updates, and it's blocking something, which keeps it from being able to come on. I'm having to use Ken's computer for this. That will slow down my posts unless I get that fixed.
  The play set for this month is the Bratz Rock Angelz Recording Studio.


The studio has a built in mixing board on the outside .


'On Air'? Is this a recording studio,or a radio station?


The recording studio goes to the series of Bratz RockAngelz dolls.


There's a door on the side so the dolls can enter the booth.


The recording studio was sold with and without a doll.


There's a microphone hanging inside the booth.


The booth is lined with speakers.


This is another shot of the inside of the booth.


Since the recording Studio is made for Bratz dolls,it's a little short for most 1/6 scale dolls,like Barbie. It looks alright on the outside, but it too small for them to stand up in. Twelve inch Paul decided that since he knows so much about recording, he would demonstrate Here he is showing how the door is too short for him.

He still needs some shoes. He's been crossingAbbey Road all day.
 But the booth is tall enough on the inside for him to stand up in. The microphone is too low though.


It was sold in 2005.

The set as it looked in box.
  The set originally came with a microphone for the child, that recorded and played back brief pieces,what appears to be a doll sized margarita glass, glass of orange juice, and two bottles of 'water',and a head set for the doll.
  Surprisingly, the recording studio didn't come with anything else that would be useful for recording a song,like,say, guitars for the dolls or any other instruments. Those things were saved for other sets that were available separately.
 

  Those sets included a stage set ,a drum and keyboard set, and guitars. (There was even a tour bus play set.) There were quite a few Rock Angelz dolls sold, who came with guitars,or a stand microphone. There was even a two doll set that came with a guitar and a keyboard.
  You can see the original commercial for the recording studio HERE.
   That's the play set for the month.See you tomorrow for the Doll Book of the Month Club.

9 comments:

  1. This studio is new to me. I think it is cute.

    I have a small doll who would probably love to have a recording studio. I won't tell her about this, though, because she would want me to go online and find her one. She can be a little diva sometimes (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would fit your Snapstar doll for sure.

      Delete
  2. I have this play set! A few years ago I got the idea to make my daughter a doll size recording studio. My husband is a musician and owns and runs a recording studio, so I thought my daughter would like one for her dolls. American Girl had at the time recently come out with Melody who had a beautiful but very expensive and very big recording studio. I decided that a Barbie sized one would be a much better idea. I bought an old Barbie playset from eBay that was shaped like a radio (and an actual working radio) that opened up into a small house. I painted and modified it to look more like a studio. I got a Barbie sized laptop, instruments, and mics and a Barbie musician that came with a desk and keyboard. And then I added this Bratz studio (I found it on eBay) to be the vocal booth and mixing console. It was a bit short for the Barbies as you mentioned, but I put in stool and had the dolls sit down and then it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma had that radio house,so I am familiar with it.Your daughter must have love that! That's wonderful that you made that for her. That's the sort of thing I used to do for the kids. (That sounds a bit conceited,coming after that previous statement!) I bet she had a lot of fun with that set.That's wonderful that you made that for her. That's the sort of thing I used to do for the kids. (That sounds a bit conceited,coming after that previous statement!)

      Delete
  3. Love the recording studio, and it works so well with your Paul. Unfortunately we don't get many sets like that here in Australia, I have buy most of my props from overseas, which makes them quite expensive when you add the shipping. But I do make some of my own. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know shipping is crazily expensive! Shipping something from here to Australia is almost never worth the price.

      Delete
  4. This is an interesting play set and with the right size doll could be a lot of fun.
    Paul is a great looking doll, do I spy jointed feet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Jointed at the ankles and the toes. These bodies are really nicely jointed,and pretty cheap.If you do end up buying a Kumik head, look for one of these cheap bodies online somewhere. But,make sure you get one with a neck fitting that will accommodate the head you buy.

      Delete
  5. I have never seen a toy recording studio, its cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.