Sunday, August 14, 2022

A Whiney Tale and Flea Market Doll

   Just popping in to say I'm still around, and show you this little girl I got at the flea market a few weeks ago. The leg is still hurting. Sometimes it's not so bad. If I stay off of it, I have no pain. If I am on it too much I hurt pretty much from my waist to my toes. My back has gotten in on the act, probably because I walk funny from the knee pain. I feel like one leg is shorter than the other and it's throwing my back out. 

  There's a doll show this coming weekend, and another the next weekend. I'd skip the second one, because it was all just expensive fashion dolls and stuff I can't afford. But my sister liked going last year and wants to go again. I am looking forward to the first one though, as it's a good one. I don't know how the leg is going to behave though. It's a long drive there and back, and walking around the show will add to the wear and tear. Good thing I am my own boss and can take the next day off.

  Anyway, flea market doll! Here she is.


She's one of those little rubber/vinyl dolls that were really common when I was a kid. In fact, she reminds me very much of my little Jungle Legsly, which you might have seen in her Doll-A-Day post HERE.

Jungle Legsly.

In fact, she's almost exactly like Jungle Legsly, right down to the Mary Jane shoes. Jungle's weren't painted at all, but new girl's were painted all but the strap.


Kind of a slop job of painting.

  At about 5 inches she's bigger than Jungle, who is about 4 inches tall.


  She also has something Jungle doesn't have, and that's markings. This girl says Japan on her back.


  She has the standard jointing: neck, shoulders, and hips. So she can sit down, and turn her head.


She has side glance eyes, so she can look somewhat wary!



She does have a sweet face though.


Cute, but she desperately needs a cleaning. That's another thing I haven't gotten to yet. I do things on our Fun Days, Monday and Wednesday, try to catch up on things on Tuesdays and Thursdays, if I can still function without too much pain. I try to take it easy on Sundays to recover for Monday. It has been necessary to get out and go somewhere on Monday and Wednesday just to get out of the heat, since we don't have air conditioning. The last few days have been much cooler though. I took these pictures yesterday, and as you can see, it was very dark, and rained on and off. The weather is more like Fall. 

  We got up early Friday morning and went to a huge church sale in Columbus. We went a few years ago and they had some amazing stuff and the prices were really good. This time they didn't have very much interesting stuff and the prices weren't that great either. On the way home, since I haven't gone to hardly any yard sales this year I stopped at two or three, as well as a couple of Goodwills. By the time I got home I was hurting really badly. Ken wanted to cook out, so we ate outside, and we HAD to cut the watermelon we had before it started to rot on us. Ken went to work, and I cleared up the watermelon leftovers and got them in the fridge, and hauled myself upstairs. The pain had gotten worse and worse. I was in so much pain, including my back, that I was starting to get nauseous.  I ended up in so much pain that I wasn't sure I could take a shower and just go to bed. I managed to get the cat box cleaned and clean up after the food messes they had made, and get in the shower by 6 o'clock. Then I collapsed for the night.

  Her dress feels like it might be silk. Would that even make sense though? She was just a cheap doll. Of course, back in the olden days when I was a kid, doll clothes were sometimes made of silk.


Oh no! I can see into her soul through her mouth!

You might notice they didn't trim her fingers very well. They are molded round, but are cut square on the tips! 

  Her hair is a little thin, but it is in the original braids.

My sweet peas are blooming. And my tomato plants finally got some blooms on them! Of course, they'd better hurry up if they're going to grow any tomatoes.


And it's red.


  I do have another doll photographed to show you. That'll probably be in a couple of days. As for today, I'm pretty pain free, but I had to sit and lay around all day to get that way!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Tam. I am sorry to hear about your leg. I hope you are taking care of yourself and getting as much rest as possible. This little doll is new to me. You always find the most interesting dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How good to hear from you Dorothy! I hope you're doing well! I am being extra lazy, so no fear there. The leg seems better sometimes, and I think overall it is getting better, just very slowly. I even managed to get my leg in the bathtub tonight without dragging my foot over the side. That's the first time in quite a while!

      Delete
  2. Are you going to need a hip replaced? My mom had to go that route. Your little poppet is cute; I wish my yard had nice foliage for pictures like yours does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness no! It's not my hip. It all started with a place in the back of my leg, just above the knee joint. That's what makes me think it's a nerve. The pain affects my leg in that area, my knee, and when it's really bad, down my calf. I hope that it will, like various things I've had in the past, eventually move on and leave me alone. My yard has various spots of bushes and trees and rocks that make nice doll backgrounds because I pretty much let nature take it's course. Of course, it may be so hot and dry where you are that that doesn't help much. We've had a bit f rain lately, so all is green and growing. Unfortunately that includes my grass!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.