Saturday, January 21, 2023

Doll-A-Day #15 18 Inch Baby...and She's Free!

   Today's doll is another freebie! She's another childhood doll of the lady who would like to find good homes for her dolls, and is offering them for free. She has offered them to me free of shipping, but as we are still cleaning up from the fire, moving things around and rescuing and cleaning a lot of our own stuff, I really don't have anywhere to put more dolls right now. Since she will be shipping the dolls out individually instead, I do worry it will run her to more money than she's expecting. I hope not. It would be nice if you offered her something for postage if you adopt one or more of her kids. But she has not asked for anything. I will be keeping one tiny thing from the things this lady has, and I'll show you that in a minute. In the meantime, here's today's girl, She's this sweet baby.


She's so cute. I love her cozy footie pajamas!

She was measured by her owner at about 19 inches tall. But she is marked 18 5S2, so the 18 may be a reference to her size. Sometimes it's hard to know when measuring dolls: Do you mash the hair down? Do you measure to the top of poufy hair? I have an idea that her curl hair may have added that inch to her height, as when older dolls were marked this way, it's usually in reference to their size. For example, 1950's Ideal Shirley Temple dolls were marked ST, and then the height for that particular size doll, as Shirley came in various sizes.

Plus the toes of those jammies can be confusing too. As you can see, she has sleep eyes.

As I said, she's marked 18 5S2. There's no makers mark. (Of course there's no Maker's Mark! She's too young to drink!)


  I looked up the markings though, and found that she's an Allied Grand/Eastern doll. I still don't know which one, but she's definitely by Allied Grand/Eastern.

  She also comes with this collection of clothes. Except for the little gloves. Those are the only things I requested to keep from these things the lady wanted to send me.


  So if you want to bring this baby home, just leave a comment with your contact information and I won't publish it, but I'll get you in touch with the owner.

  See you tomorrow for another doll. There are still a couple of these freebies to go.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I haven't been doing much lately except viewing doll photostories on blogs (no TV) due to health issues. I found your blog on one of them. I scanned your list of posts & picked one randomly 'Everything happens for a reason' about the bunnies. Next I read 'Hot Time in the Old Town Tonight, and You Know What Comes After That...'. I'm so sorry. I have a constant fear of that here in the Northern California woods. My home insurance shot up so I raised my deductible to $7500. It still went from $1100 to $3900 & I have been seriously considering cancelling it & putting important things in storage in metal buldings with no trees around... none available since last year. Everyone's insurance has shot up & my friend is considering cancelling his. I will tell him about the 2 posts of yours that I saw. I only have a small social security income am disabled with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity so I am highly reactive to new stuff - including clothes. Clothes will be the first to go into storage or I will be extremely ill with new ones. A big fire missed my house about 2 years ago. I evacuated with my dolls. I'm so nervous. Just yesterday I thought I need to take my alarm clock if there is a next time as I won't tolerate a new one. I am too ill to photograph all I have for insurance purposes but those 2 posts of yours has me thinking I have to do it if I have to live on coffee! I don't think I'm cancelling my insurance. Everything happens for a reason. I hope you get healthier & healthier every day. Homeopathy may help. I am trying that lately.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will be feeling better soon. I am mending day by day, but haunted by thoughts of the things we lost. My consoling thoughts are how we could have lost our child, or our lives, and we are all fine. I would be frightened too, living where you do. Your insurance costs are crazy! I feel for you with the chemical sensitivity. I am affected by odors and various things that are breathed in. Lots of things make me cough, and give me sore throat and headaches. You need clothes and things made from untreated cotton. Of course, all those natural things are more expensive. The less they out in things, the more they cost. It's the same with food. I will tell you that a metal building won't protect your things in a fire. If the fire is intense enough it will melt the building, but then even if it doesn't, the heat could melt anything through the metal. Metal will maintain heat long afterward too. Aluminum doesn't hold heat as much as other metals, but the heat would certainly still melt the items inside. We found how intense heat could melt the things on our landing, even thought here was no fire out there. As far as your alarm clock, it reminds me of the things I always said I would grab in a fire. I grabbed absolutely nothing! The thought didn't even occur to me, and I didn't have the time or the breath to have done that anyway. If I had evacuation time, I'd probably still run out of time, because I'd try to take everything!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.