Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #300: Pose Doll on Stand

  Here's how my day went yesterday. We got some tubs and loaded all the crap out of our car into them.  When you are living in one room in somebody else's house, you can't have everything you want or might need in there. You have to half live out of your car too. We needed the space in the car because we're going to see Ivy tomorrow, because her birthday was Monday, and we're taking a bunch of her stuff to her in Indiana. It was super windy while I was working on going through the stuff and tubbing it up. My hair should have been tied back. I thought of that while I was fighting the wind and going through the stuff. I knew I was going to have a very tangled mess when it came time to wash my hair at the end of the day.

After that we hauled it to the storage and pulled out all the stuff that belongs to Fuzz that was in there. I also had to secure some of the loose stuff, bagged, or in things without lids, in something impenetrable, because we have a bad mouse problem in the storage. Then we delivered Fuzz's stuff, and went on to the house to load up stuff from Ivy's room. 

   I went upstairs last weeks folks. I went upstairs and into Ivy's room, trying not to look left or right. Ivy's windows aren't boarded, so I could open the curtain and see what I was doing, at least until it started to get dark. So last week Ken and I rounded up a bunch of stuff Ivy wanted, including her window seat, furry rug, and a million pillows. These were all things I had bought to redo her room a few years ago. So she is getting to use them in her first apartment, which was the idea at the time.  

  We had it rounded up, but there were other things she wanted, so we meant to load all the stuff we gathered last week into the car, and then scout out the other stuff. But it took us so long to load the car, because we are so old and were sore and stiff, that it got dark. We had a battery operated big light, so we could see what we were doing, but then it went out, and we had to get down the stairs! I was afraid Ken would fall, carrying 3 four foot long furry pillows down in the dark. Well, he was okay. However, backing down the stairs with a small lamp and a big box of books or dishes, (I don't remember which.), I fell. I missed  the bottom step and fell backward down the stairs. Luckily, I did fall backward, because I landed on my fat hip, instead of my knees again. It didn't hurt much, and I got right up.

  We were taking everything outside so I could load the car. (I am the self proclaimed Master Spacemaker. I had to be, because the car is absolutely packed.) I had a list so I didn't forget anything I wanted to take to her, or that she wanted. I did great, and remembered stuff I didn't even have on the list. But then...Jimmy got outside. The little poop. I had just given them their treats too. So we had to chase Jimmy for I don't know how long, before he allowed me to pick him up and cram him back into the house. Then I got the car loaded. By that time it was about 8:30, and we hadn't had anything but a little yogurt each all day. Plus I had on my list to go to the best Mexican restaurant in town and get Ivy some of the salsa she loves. (She quite literally drinks the stuff. I like it, but I don't drink it.) So we went to get dinner and salsa for Ivy. We were both super sore and like two old folks stumping into the restaurant.

  When we got back to Emma's we were so achy, and Ken was falling asleep. But I had to get all the knots out of my hair before I could wash it. That took about half an hour at least. And our new air mattress came the night before, so we wanted to get the air mattresses switched. The one we've been sleeping on for the whole time we 've been here, was kindly loaned by AJ's parents, and it had popped in a weird way. One side was too squashy, and the other side was like a mountain range. Sleeping on it was very uncomfortable and we, especially Ken, who was sleeping on the hump side, weren't getting any rest or relaxation. As tired as we were, we couldn't take that another night. So while Ken took a shower, I deflated the hump mattress and inflated the new one. The new one isn't very good. For one thing, it's too short, and Ken's feet hang off the end. For another thing, it's too squashy. We don't have the right pump for it, and it isn't inflating enough, and also the air sneaks out while I try to cap it. But Ken managed to sleep all night without having to get up and sit up on the couch for a while. So that's already a win.

  Anyway, by the time all that happened, and I took a shower, it was very late, and that's why I just didn't do a post yesterday. Whew!

 Today's doll is one of Emma's. She's a pose doll.

The little blonde girl in plaid, on the blue metal stand.


Pose dolls are bendable dolls, usually made in Japan, typically with big eyes and stockingette 'skin'. This doll fits that description perfectly.

She's wearing a plaid kimono.

Not all pose dolls are on stands, as this one is. Most of the ones I've seen are loose, often in sitting positions. The small metal stand she is attached to is not uncommon thought. She can't be removed from her stand. She bears a great resemblance to the pose doll I have that came on a music box, big eyes, yellow thread hair, and all. At 9 or 10 inches tall, she's even a similar size.


  That's the doll for yesterday. Check out today's other post for today's doll.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.