I did a post quite a while ago about Baby Dreams, the Velvet Skin Doll. Well apparently that was a doll that caught people's attention and interest, because somebody wanted to buy her right away. I sold her.. But people are still asking on a regular basis if I have another one. In fact, I got that question right after I bought another one this summer! I found her at a yard sale. So many people ask if I have one to sell, that I thought I should get her. So here she is.
Baby Dreams was made by Ideal in 1975. There were two versions. The first had a flocked face, arms, and legs. The second version only had flocking on her face and arms. This doll is the first version.
Her flocking is in pretty good condition. These dolls can look pretty rough sometimes.
Both versions had a stuffed cloth body, so they were soft and cuddly. The bodies always look dirty, but they came in this weird tan colour.
![]() |
| She has a popped seam on one shoulder. I can fix that before shipping her, if the buyer wants me too. I'm pretty good at hidden stitches. It's one of my only sewing talents! |














No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks in advance for your comments.