Saturday, August 24, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #235: Connie's Collection: Nancy Ann Storybook Dolls Part 4

  Today we're looking at more Nancy Ann doll. These are today's girls.

This one had a tag that said Nettie Bird. It seems it is supposed to be Nellie Bird.

I don't know the name of this girl.
Nellie Bird is an example of the scary eyed plastic Nancy Anns!


She's not as bad from the side,but she's still looking at me.
 

The blonde has two black eyes, but at least she's not scary.


She's marked Storybook Dolls,USA.


The brunette definitely has some attitude.



These are the 5 and a half inch dolls. Both of them can turn their heads,and sit.


I think the blonde is definitely less scary than the brunette. She's a bit sweet.


She has a pretty,delicate looking dress.


It closes in the back with a big snap,which is different from the smaller gold snap on the older Nancy Ann doll I showed you the other day...


...or on the other doll today.


Underneath she has matching bloomers.


She has painted on shoes, and  I notice I didn't photograph the tag inside her dress.




Ah! She's scaring me!
The brunette just has plain muslin bloomers and underskirt.

...and painted on shoes.
 That Nellie Bird is a little cross eyed. Maybe that's what gives her the evil look. But she's not as bad straight on.
 

But I think I prefer the other girl.


That's it for today's dolls.

Stop looking at me!
We'll finish up the week with a couple more Nancy Anns tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I think it may be those steep eyelashes that give poor Nettie such a devilish look. The inset eyes don't help much, but she's still a well-made little doll. These Nancy Ann Storybook dolls are interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet dolls they are. They seem to be having much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why Connie loved them. There are so many and they are all different. It makes for fun collecting.But you could NEVER get them all!

      Delete
  3. These are quite cute despite the eyes. I actually think they're not scary, not like the one the other day with sleep eyes!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.