Monday, January 20, 2020

Making Mini Souvenirs in 1/6 Scale,Part Two

  Yesterday we started talking about tiny little souvenirs. 1/6 scale souvenirs to be exact. I realize I forgot to include pictures of the tiny box of English toffee I made. There's also one other extra picture,but I bet you can't spot it.


This is  Fuzzy's, but I made one for Emma too. The box is gold cardboard I had, and the front is cut from a catalog. Fuzzy has lost his, but I filled the box with polymer clay toffees,twisted up in yellow or red cellophane.





 I won't go too much into the reason for the souvenirs this time. I'll just say that the kids' dolls 'went on vacation', and you can check the previous post,or THIS ONE for details.

  I mentioned some of the countries the dolls 'went' to. (They didn't really go anywhere. But the kids thought they did.) Ivy was obsessed with China. Her dolls,and Fuzzy's too, went there once. Now what should they bring back from China? Well Blue,Ivy's doll brought back Lucky Money,or Red Envelopes for everybody. You can read about those HERE.

Ok,it's not red. We didn't have a colour printer at the time. I did some hand tinting.The gold card is supposed to be a good luck Buddha card. I'd leave you a link for information, but even I can't find anything now!
The dolls always brought back money from the country they visited,and Blue's red envelopes contained money too.
  Blue brought back a traditional Chinese dress,with a Mandarin collar and real working frog closures. (Yes, I actually made a tiny Kelly doll sized dress like that. I don't know how I did it.) I didn't find it when I packed up Ivy's things, but I found the matching purse.

I pulled the draw string strangely I guess. It doesn't really have that weird lump on the top left.
Blue sent home an email talking about how she saw some macaque monkeys,and was sad she couldn't bring one home. If you'll remember, I told you how Fuzzy the Doll did strange things,like drawing mustaches on the statues in the museum,etc. Well, he also packed a couple of macaques in his suitcase for himself and Blue when he stopped through China.
This one is Fuzzy's. 





This is Blue's.










It's the thought that counts.
  I can't tell you how I put the fur faces on those guys because I can't remember! I know they have felt bodies and vintage green glass bead eyes and stitched on nostrils and mouths.
  I forgot to add this picture originally. 


It's two necklaces Blue brought home. The green one is supposed to be a jade necklace from China. the other one is on wire, and I can't remember where it's supposed to be from. Yes. I know it has one wrong bead on it. That's because I found two or three beads that were supposed to be on it,kept dropping them and refinding them,and at one point I found the odd one and thought it was the right one,and put it on!No fear though. I later removed it and replaced it with the right bead.
   Tomorrow we'll tackle more souvenirs from other places. We're hitting some interesting stuff now...I hope.

8 comments:

  1. I am having fun seeing what you made.

    I love the little necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy. I'm glad you're enjoying these posts!

      Delete
  2. Those little monkeys are very cute! And Thorntons toffee is still my favourite toffee!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, one more post tonight and then I am headed for bed. lol The monkeys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.