Thursday, August 6, 2020

More Computer Problems

  Well here I am back again today on Ken's computer. Mine was working fine for the last week or so. It was fine when I went to bed last night. Today it won't come back on! I have been working my butt off, (If only!), trying to get the wedding photos edited. I was so close to being at the end of the other huge batch. That meant only one more smallish batch to go! Now I can't get the computer back on! That means that if I can't, all my editing the last few days was for nothing! Luckily Ken burned the first huge batch to a disc already. But this batch of edited wedding photos, as well as all the other photos I have on my computer, may not be retrievable. That's our family pictures, other people's family pictures I was going to  put on discs including my cousin's family pictures., Lori's family  pictures, and family pictures for all the Colvins, (my family). I also have pictures for the blog, pictures for making miniatures, pictures for 'making stuff' inspiration, pictures of my and Lori's things for selling, and all kinds of other things! That's a lot of work down the tubes if I can't get them back. Plus, I have to work at Ken's computer, which doesn't work very well, and usually has a Ken attached to it anyway.
  If I ever get the situation fixed, and get those wedding pictures edited, I have some Goodwill finds to show you, and I'm expecting some dolls in the mail any day now, for review. So stay tuned and we'll see how things work out. I will be posting, even if I have to do it on this computer.
  I also have to apologise to Sharon, who wrote a nice comment, which I accidentally deleted because Ken's computer was showing the screen so small I could barely read the page, and hit I 'delete' by accident because it's right next to 'publish'!
  And now, on to other things. Has anybody seen the new Rainbow Surprise dolls? They look very articualted. They resemble a cross between Ever After High dolls and Shopkins Shoppies. (You can see the Shopkins Shoppies   doll I used to have HERE.)
  I have been working on making a doll too. She's almost done. I messed up her clothes a couple of times, but it's getting better! I'll show her to you when I'm finished. She leaves something to be desired, but I now know better for next time.
  I'm off now to listen to Emma's radio show. You can too, HERE. It's on every Thursday evening at 7 PM EST.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is awful. I hope that your computer can be fixed and the photographs retrieved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tam!
    The Rainbow Surprise dolls are cute, but all that slime that comes with them is totally not me. They are $99 down under and I simply cannot see the value.
    Hope you manage to get your photos back, it's so frustrating, or I should say darn annoying when this happens. I lost all my holiday photos when my last one went down, now I have a hard drive back up. :)
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slime? I must have missed that! $99! That's crazy, even in Australian dollars.

      Delete
    2. Rainbow Surprise have slime. Rainbow High are the new ones, and they definitely have a Bratz x Ever After High vibe. They don't come with slime and in US dollars, $27.99 -- Half the price of the Rainbow Surprise dolls.

      Delete
  3. If you’re able to get your computer back up, you might try putting all your pics on Dropbox or Google drive. I hope you’re able to save them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken suggested our Google Drive, but there are literally THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of them. It would take days.amd if I do get it back on, it might not last that long. We're going to try putting them on discs.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, cut off in my prime!!! Well I hope by now that you've managed to get your computer fixed and retrieved all the photos, if not I don't know what to suggest but send condolences :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The computer is working, for now. The wedding pictures have been edited and taken off, but all my others are still on here. I'm waiting for Ken to get me a method of removing the pictures. I don't have the the technical knowledge to do anything with it.

      Delete
  5. I hope by now you have managed to get your pictures off your computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I ended up with most things I had saved.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.