Monday, February 28, 2022

The Doll Book of the Month Club: Books About Black Dolls

  We're still in Black History Month, and I thought I would cover a book about an African American doll. Unfortunately, none of the doll books I have have African American dolls as main characters. I haven't ever found any. So I will lead you to other places to find such posts and/or books.

  I saw the book, The Magic Doll: A Children's Book Inspired by African Art, by Adrienne Yabouza, online. 


  You can read about it and purchase it HERE


  I mention it because it seems to be the only book I found online not included in the post done a few years ago by Debbie, over at Black Doll Collecting, on  books featuring African American dolls. You can find that post HERE.

  Then of course there are the books Debbie has written about African American dolls. She has written three books, which she tells you about and where to purchase on her blog HERE

  There is also the book "Sitting Pretty, A Celebration of Black Dolls" by Dinah Johnson. It can be purchased HERE.

  There are two books on Black Doll Identification by Mila Perkins. The first volume can be purchased HERE. The second volume is available HERE.

  Next month is Women's History Month. We'll see what book I have for that one then. Stay tuned for the next post on yesterday's doll show! 

5 comments:

  1. I like the art style of this book. I know if my son was still small, I would have been interested in reading it to him. That's sad though that there aren't more books like it. Maybe that will change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie listed several books on her page that might interest you. Just follow the link.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the reference to my blog post about books featuring black dolls. I will add this title to my post.

    Did you know that this post and possibly others are being bot scraped to the website, Toynewz.com. My posts have been victimized by that site, too. I’ve made some setting changes on Blogger and contacted the site’s domain provider to report what they have done. I’ve also written posts about this dreadful ordeal.

    Go to the site (Toynewz.com) and search for a title of one of your blog posts, the name of your blog, or keywords often used in your posts to see how many of your posts the site is using as their own.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I've read another blogger having the same problem with that site. I'll look into it.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, Tam. Several doll bloggers have been affected by this. dbg

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.